General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It will tell you on the bottom of the bill if Service charge is included. We always leave a tip whether or not the service charge is included, If we are happy with the meal. Normally leave around 10% of bill pr more if we are very happy with the service. The waiters rely on the tips out here as pay is not as good as the UK.
The tips make a huge difference to the waiters. Whether its because of the credit crunch or not, I know that the amount of tipping has dropped this year from friends I've spoken to. Louise
I work in a restaurant in this country and i know that service charge IS the tip.We put it on larger parties because they usually presume service is included so if we dont put it on we are likely to get nothing but the waiters DO get the service charge,abeit in our wages and taxed.
And also something i think ppl dont know is that service charge is optional
As a matter of course I refuse to pay service charges in this country. I also am very much against the practice of tipping. It is an outdated practice that is used to extract money from people under false pretenses. Do you tip the bus driver, the shop assistant in M&S or the petrol station?

Charge a proper price and pay the staff a proper wage. Why should anyone be underpaid so the boss can make more money for himself?

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.