Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Definately for families, loads to do for all ages and its nothing like Blackpool. The pedestrianised seafront is beautiful with dazzling white sand. There are tacky areas in some baclk streets but also traditional spanish areas in the old town with beatiful buildings and churches.All bars are family friendly and you will be spoilt for choice. Cafe Benidorm 8pm till 1am for good family entertainment cant be beaten, it stays open til 7am but becomes a disco after about 1am.
Have a look on benidorm-apartments website for a superb selection of apartments for a DIY holiday. If you want a package have a look at a few on line tour operaters and take your pick.

Go for it and have th time of your life.
Please help us find a family hotel/apartments in levante area on a package holiday
Somewhere with a nice pool,Not too far out of town,somewhere with family enterainment
these are the hotels/apartments that has come up are they good or bad
Marina hotel
Levante club apartments
Benidorm centre hotel
Buenavista apartments
Terralta apartments
Presidente hotel
Rio park hotel
Hotel vista oro
Which one would be a ideal family place or does any members have any places they liked
Thanks
Welcome to the forums millymol18. There may be individual topics about most of those properties here in this forum. But just in case you are not aware, we also have a separate reviews section, where you will find all of those properties featured ... please click here.

David :wave
Mill mol - I'd cross out the Levante Club apartments. As lovely as they are, when we were there at Easter, they were mostly filled with the very young crowd - 17/18 and were very noisy. We hardly got any slepp for 3 whole days.
hi, welcome to h/t.
my daughter and her partner and friends stayed at the rio park last year and she says it was a good hotel it was clean and it was close to all you needed. :wave:
I'd also rule out the Terralta Apartments. They are a country mile out up a whopping great hill - on the Poniente side - so you'll be using buses and taxis quite a lot, which will soon add up if you stay there.

Shame really, as its a nice place.
Hi Millymol, we stayed at the Benidorm Centre a few years ago, it's a lovely hotel but the pool area is a bit bleak.Have you thought about the Ocas/Pelicanos hotels they are family friendly with a lovely pool aea and very central to everything.Whatever you choose I hope you have a lovely holiday.
Thank you all members for your help
I will rule out the terralta apartments then they did look ideal but wanted somewhere more central looked at the ocas/pelicanos as my first choice but read some really bad reviews about them
Many thanks
The upside of the Terralta is you often get a great deal there - I've seen apartments there for a snip, so guess its a case of weighing up whether you'll make enough of a saving to warrant using buses and taxis.

Buses are regular and 1.25euros per trip, a taxi to the far side of the Levante would be something like 8euros I guess (was 6euros from the old town) - so its do-able, but whether its practical if you have youngsters, etc.

For me, just too far away. You could walk all the way if you fancy a stroll but it would take you the best part of an hour to walk from the apartments to say, Mcdonalds at the end of Levante beach.
Milly

PLEASE don't rule out the Terralta Apartments. :(

We're going back for the third time this year. They are set in a quiet residential area, up a hill (not that much of a hill though) . Our kids were 13 and 10 on our first visit and it took us about 10 minutes max to walk to the sea front. From there, about another 5 minutes to get to the first of the bars, along a beautiful promenade. There is a bus that runs, I think, every hour, directly outside the apartments. We walked back up to the apartments most evenings (unless we'd had a little too much to drink or a particularly late night! :rofl ) On the odd occasion we did get a taxk back from the old town, it cost us around 6 euros.

The Terralta is spotlessly clean, has a beautiful pool area (plus an 'indoor' undercover pool), the staff are very helpful and friendly, and the apartments themselves are spacious, modern and cleaned regularly.

Most families we spoke at the Terralta had been before and were so impressed, had returned again. :)

I am sure you would not be disappointed if you were to book - just take a look at the Reviews

Best Regards

Elaine
When you read reviews always bear in mind that people are always more likely to post bad ones than good ones! They will slag off a hotel because the people in the next room were noisy but those making all the noise might be in any other hotel next time round! On the other hand if ten people say the food is cold then it probably is.
Terralta wouldn't be top of the TA reviews if it wasn't one of the best.
We went there 3 years ago and the apartments and pool are brilliant. Unless you have people with walking difficulties i would definately go there. You can walk to the new town at a leisurelly stroll and stop off at many places on the way and its very convenient for the new town. The bus stop is right outside as well in case you dont feel the need to walk.
We have since been to 2 hotels both in the new town but we where there on our own without the boys and just wanted the nightlife.
For a family i would definately go to the Terralta.
Hi

We went to the Terralta two years ago with a 15 and 12 year old and had a great time.
The apartments were lovely, very friendly staff and a fab pool. Plenty for the kids and adults to do during the day but you could lie by the pool and not be bothered if you did not want to join in.
The hill is not too bad, and it does only take about ten minutes to walk into the old town and then you can have a stroll into the new town if you wanted to and then get a taxi back, it was not too expensive. Or as previously mentioned you can get a bus into the new town and then walk back.
What we really liked was the fact that it was very quiet on a night and you could get a good nights sleep because it is in a residential area and not near any loud bars etc.
Obviously everyone has their own views on what they like and dislike but I hope you get sorted out
Hello all members
Any help please with trying to find nice family apartments in beni
Never been before thinking of takeing the family looking for nice apartments that are central with like roomy apartments rather than small hotel rooms we are looking for somewhere that has alot going on for children and has nice pool area somewehere near family bars etc is there such a place ??
Really liked the look of the terralta apartments would be ideal for us but to far out as one of our child has walking problems so it would mean taxis everywhere
Any help would be great
Many thanks
Hello all
Really thinking of going to benidorm prob staying at the pueblo hotel never been to benidorm before we are looking for a family holiday with nice pools family entertainment in the hotel and hopefully in some bars nearby that are family friendly but after reading somewhere just saying if you like magaluf then you will like beni we went to magaluf three years ago and really hated it ( not trying to put anyone off ) the only thing we found nice was the beach and the pirate show the worst holiday ever so if beni is like magaluf then think we should be looking somewhere else we are not old misery guts but there was not one night in magaluf where we could find anything for the kids to do all the bars there was like 18-30 we didnt find one with childrens entertaiment is beni like this ?? we just want somewhere different somewhere central we like lazy days round the pool prob a kids club somewhere nice to eat and a walk round at night is beni for us ?? would be prob going the last week of the kids hols
Any advise please would be great
I took my disabled Mum to Pueblo in 2006 - I thought the hotel was great for kids, from what I saw. Lots of entertainment at the hotel, different pools and play areas for them, lovely beaches and Pancho's nearby, just across road, that catered for children. Not sure about other bars as I didn't have kids with me, so not looking - am sure someone else will help.

It was lovely to stroll along the Prom at night. look at the sand sculptures, lots of Spanish doing their "Paseo" and any that had a baby would give them to my Mum to hold. You don't get that in the UK anymore - she absolutely loved it.

It was my first visit to Beni and I found it much like any resort that has "bad" press - there's something for everyone, young or old, quiet or lively.

Wouldn't hesitate to go again to that hotel - just waiting for grandchildren to come along! Am there myself this coming Tuesday, only for a week, with my partner.

Ali x
The ocas/pelicanos is 'apparently' turning into a right stag & hen party couple of hotels. :(
Hi all
We have never been to benidorm is it a family oriented resort
Dont want to go to a resort that is 18-30/stag & hen but also dont want somewhere that is isolated
is there enough for family to do there
Our age range is 12 year old & 20 year olds & 40 year olds
We know everyone likes different things on there holidays but any advice/tips would be great
are the bars & restaurants family friendly
Want to get this right we are a family group age 12 years- 40years olds we like somewhere we a nice big pool and somewhere clean near the centre as son has walking problems somewhere with lots of entertainment
These are some of the hotels we have been looking at

Sol pelicanos
Servigroup pueblo benidorm
Flamingo oasis
Hotel regente
Hotel rosamar
Hotel rio park

Are any of these on our list to be avoided ??
Dont mind if its half board, sc or all inclusive aslong as its clean, family friendly, has a nice pool area and entertainment
Any recommendations would be great
Thanks
Hi milliemollyuk ... just in case you have perhaps lost track of it, many of your questions were answered in a similar topic which you started last year. I have now merged your latest enquiry with that topic, just so you can keep tabs on info previously provided, and so that anyone able to help will know what advice and suggestions you may or may not already have been given.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.