Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Can't help with the hotel----sorry! but the ruins at Ancient Kamiros are well worth a visit. The Palace of the Grand Master in the Old Town of Rhodes is interesting as are the many museums in the town.Hope the wedding goes well and you enjoy Rhodes as much as I do.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will certainly add it to my 'to-do' list!

Anyone have any Kamari beach info? x
Hi,
Never stayed in the hotel but have a look here http://www.kamaribeach.com/

Seems to be quite a bit of info. and some pics.
Enjoy your holiday, and hope the wedding goes OK.

Andy.
See how she points out I am her older sister :lol:
:glynis
( i havent told her yet that she'll be doing to many chores for me to get any sightseeing done :rofl )
See how she points out I am her older sister

How funny!!....fancy seeing you here!

And yes...I am the YOUNGER sister!! LOL xxx :lol:
Another few places you might want to consider visiting are

Kallithea Spa (between Faliarki and Rhodes Town) - Italian built spa, it's looking a little shabby nowadays but you can still see the original grandure of the buildings and gardens.
Filerimos (between Rhodes Town and the airport) - Hilltop setting with a monastery, ancient ruins of Ialisos, small church and war memorial that you can climb the many steps inside for amazing views over the west coast and over to Turkey.
Monte Smith (above Rhodes Town) - Remains of the Acropolis and an impressive stadium.
Prassonissi Most southern tip of the island. A huge beach with the calm mediterranean to one side and choppy aegean sea to the other. Popular with windsurfers.
Pastida (just inland of the airport) - Might be interesting for the children, it's where they produce alot of the island's honey and they'll show you around, explain how honey is made, etc.

I could go on but you've only got so long!
I notice that you said the Kalithea spa was a little shabby. Does that mean it is closed or is it still open? I hope it is that sounds great!!

Has anyone done the Marmaris trip? It sounds really good particularly as it goes on Friday market day....
I hope to bring back a lovely Turkish rug as a present for our newly decorate living room! (However Cathryn do not tell Paul my hidden agenda!)
Kallithea Spa is open but just to look around, take in the architecture and views, etc - there's no actual spa there anymore, just a murky pool! Nice beach for snorkelling though.

Marmaris is well worth a visit but make sure you book the hydrofoil and not the ferry if you want a full day.
The village of Siana is well worth a visit it's built on the slopes of Mount Akramitis, south of the City of Rhodes and north-east of the village of Monolithos.

From there, you can enjoy a superb view over the coast of Rhodes and the little neighbouring islands.

There are lots of cafes and taverns and souvenir shops selling locally made lace, embroidery and rugs - ideal for bathrooms - we've had one for years !
Siana is famous for its excellent honey and its local wine which has to be tasted and also Souma it's local spirit - for adults
don't forget to take your flip flops to the water park. we were there a couple of weeks ago and the ground was very hot to the feet also a little rough.i had to keep putting my trainers on and off. :oops: it cost 20 euro adults and 15 kids.plenty of eating places and drinks ice cream etc.
That's a great tip. We will remember that one. Thanks!

It sounds great value for money as I heard that it is supposed to be the biggest water park in Europe? Don't know if that is true but I think the kids will love it! x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.