Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
We stayed in the Belvedere Hotel last July. It was really good, the food was fab!! Location was great within walking distance to the theme park (which is brill and definately worth a visit) and not too far to the beach and shops etc.Would definately go to this hotel again.
most places will try to stay open untill after school holidays finish but you might get the odd few bars etc closing
Hi Karen,
I go to Salou at the other end of the season (early may )
when everything is just starting to get up and running and i never have had any probs, the only thing that is not open when i go is AquaLeon, its a big safari/water park that i would have liked to take the kids to, but there is so much else to do its not a big problem. It wont be open in october.
Port Aventura will be open as will the indoor heated pool at Costa Caribe, im not sure about Aquapolis, the other waterpark that has the Dolphin shows.
I think that the bars/shops/restaurants stay open until the end of oct.
Hi, I've been to Salou last week sept/first week oct.

Noticed that once we hit Oct 1st quite a few places started closing earlier in the evenings. But not really a lot of difference apart from that.

The resort is nice at that time of year, not too busy. If you are thinking of going to Port Aventura then as long as you avoid the weekend you'll more of less just walk straight onto the rides without queueing :D . Also mid-october the park starts celebrating Halloween, decorating with pumpkins etc. They were just starting to do this when we were there.

The temperature is quite pleasant - had a good few days on the beach but some rainy/cloudy ones too. the evenings called for cardigans.....But we did come back with a bit of a tan.

The Aquopolis water park was open when we were there but not sure when it closes for the season.

We came back about the 9th of Oct so slightly earlier than you are planning but if you have any other questions post them or pm me, I'll help if I can :lol:
We were in Salou Oct scholl hols 2003 . Alot of bars were already closed , those that stayed open closed early ( 10.30 - 11.00 ) . One good thing was that there were no queues at Port Aventura .
We were compounded by very bad weather having said that we bumped into friends recently who'd been there last Oct and said the weather was fine .

:gluck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.