Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi,
Check out the website for whats on and prices
http://www.portaventura.com
Loulou.
Ocober Half term - Port aventura have a halloween theme in the oct half term, they have a haunted houses and various scary things going on. They still have the fireworks and the normal shows going on aswell. You'll love it, definatly the best time to go to port av
great thanks for that!
Hi, we went last October and it was brilliant. The Halloween theme at the Park is great. The only thing is that in October the Park shuts at 8.00pm (not Midnight) so the big nightly midnight fireworks display was not on. At the weekend however there was a Halloween Parade and a Laser Display.
was it shorts and tshirt wather when any of you were there and could the kids go in the pool at your accomodation or was it to cool.
During the day it was pretty hot, spent some time sunbathing round pool and shorts & t-shirt to theme park. Got cooler in the evening - definitely needed a jacket or similar top. It was warm enough to use the pool. Unfortunately in October the outdoor part of the Costa caribe Water Park is shut which was very disappointing as it looks great. We were restricted to inside and there wasn't much doing there. We only went the once which was our free entry.
Hi

We went a few days before October half term started and the weather was lovely. Shorts and t-shirt round the park and you could sunbathe. Our hotel pool was freezing (El Paso) but that didn't bother us as we used the pool at Costa caribe where the lazy river went slightly outdoors. Yes the parks did shut earlier, but it was fine by us as we had been at the park all day. The Halloween theme was great but a bit scarry for the younger kids. People would walk round dressed as feddy Kruger and that which our daughter didn't like and the park played creepy music at all times.

We are hoping to go back next May so we can use the outdoor part of the waterpark.

Nicola
October is the best time of year to go for the park (but not the weather). Have been to park both in summer and October and enjoyed the Halloween shows and rides so much we are going back this year.
We went to Salou in October 2003 and the weather was absolutely gorgeous.

We stayed in the Hotel Cambrils Playa which is quite a way from Salou town, but we did walk from the Hotel to the town once along the beach and it took about an hour. After that we took the bus which was very cheap and very frequent.

Port Aventura was great that time of year, as it was not busy at all. My girls had a great time on all the rides. If I go again, I would go that time of year, as the Halloween celebrations are really good - it beats trick or treating here in the cold!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.