Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Oliva
4 Posts
Lashman
I have been to Oliva several times in the last couple of years; I'm not sure what your taste runs to but I have never had a bad meal in any of the following:
In the Old Town, the Bar Pelut (my favourite !) great food, authentic Spanish and a great ambiance. Also the Amigos Bar on San Roc Square (just light food here ie jacket spuds and sarnies, but a lovely setting sitting outside in the square; there's another nice bar opposite but they don't do food). Wandering down towards the newer part of town, you will find Dr Watson's, very nice for a drink and a meal, mostly freezer to microwave stuff but well cooked and their chips are wonderful - and their prices are good.
Down by the paseo, near the fountain is La Islota - nice food and the guvnor's a character, he will give you a rather imaginative verbal English translation of the Spanish menu; although the decor is a bit bright (take your sunglasses, you'll be fine). A bit further along the paseo, there is La Cassola down a side street, very good tapas, then if you fancy a Chinese meal one night the Hong Kong is very good indeed. Further along still there is Fuegos - we went there once but it was VERY noisy and busy - they had run out of everything we wanted to eat and there were loads of kids there, I think one of them was having a birthday party. On another night it would probably be a lot easier on the ear.
Down by the beach, the Olibaba is great - the setting is a bit basic its an old building, but it is right next the beach, the staff are lovely, and the food is excellent specially the pizzas from the proper pizza oven (altho' they do lots of other imaginative specialities, their menu changes daily). Also down by the beach the restaurant at the Club Nautico does a bargain 3 course menu of the day (8 euros I think) and tapas and salads.
Hope that helps - I love Oliva, in fact we are retiring there at the end of this year, or the beginning of next. Have a lovely holiday. I'd be interested to know whereabouts you're staying ?
Kind regards
Sue C.
Thanks for all the info it will be very useful, we have stayed in the area before but up on the mountain so looking forward to being in the old town, we are staying close to the square
Lashman, let me know if you need any info ...... we have had a place in Oliva for several years and am moving out there in September
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.