General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I only take one light nighty as we are all together in the same room, usually, and wash it through every few days. I don't like sleeping naked!
i get a couple those vest top, short/pant sets from good ole pradamark and take a light pair pyjama bottoms aswell.
this year I have a cute pair of leopard pjs from river island, vest top and shorts, but the vest top can double up as a day top. I think i'm also going take one of them velcro towelling robes from Primark and some flip flop slippers also Primark for getting ready, and not to forget the turbie towel.
Oh yes turbie towel.....always take mine too!!
What's a turbie towel?

I have to have a clean pair of pjs each night, so Im taking 4 pairs of light cotton pjs and 3 night shirts. I will rinse them through once and wear them again the following week.

Also can't cope without my bathrobe!
turbie towel is for your hair , you can buy them from the £1 shops , looks like a turban , much smaller and lighter than a towel
ah thanks :) I've got one of those too :) didn't realise what it was
I find it way too hot to wear anything in bed whether I'm at home or abroad. I usually just take my kimono dressing gown for when I get out of the shower. :D
I'm a big fan of men's XXL cotton t-shirts. They're handy for when you get out of the shower and are doing your hair/makeup and covering up if you're not partial to tanning. They're really loose and cool which is just the way I like it! In bed I tend to just wear my underwear or thin cotton shorts and a vest if it's cooler. If I'm in my underwear I like to have something close to hand incase we need to get outside quickly in an emergency! :)
okay ladies , how many watches do you take on hols with you i take 3 a gold one, silver one and a black glittery one .
I don't take any - but then I don't wear a watch day to day! I have a dress watch which I'll probably take and keep in my bag, but that's it really!
I just bought new pyjamas from Primark for £1, vest & short set!

I take 2 watches, silver watch and my black dress accu2 watch.

Helen
2 watches one is gold and silver mixed bracelet but has 4 inter -changable rings for round the face plain silver, plain gold, crystals with gold and crystals with silver.....so it looks as though you have 4 watches and my bangle swarovski crystal one for evenings.

Angie.
I don't take any watches as I never wear then any more.
Hey ladies - I really like this aspect of the site - all the girly topics! I never wear anything in bed as it drives me mad having to tug at stuff to feel comfortable. A couple of wraps I bought in Goa for padding about between showers etc - I guess one of those would have to do in an emergency. And just the one watch - my p0recious Tag which I wear with everything...

But now I'm wondering - am I the only person who never, never takes her mobile on holiday? :think
Oh - and the turbie towel. Always the turbie towel :sun2
always take the mobile as i leave the youngest children at home , phone to let them know we got there ok and then they can get in touch with us if anything goes wrong at home , they are only 25 and 19
Couldn't be without my mobile - we sometimes leave youngest at home and she is only 16 so needs to be able to get in touch with us...
Llindy - '...they're only 25 and 19' :rofl

I do understand that mums and dads need to keep a check on kids though.

My son is 23 and at Uni and I can rarely get hold of him these days. I guess I'm lucky no dependents to worry about. Sometimes me an hubby go away together but mostly I go on my own for recharging my batteries (stressful job). And I don't call home to let him know I've arrived ok. I'm on holiday!

But the general point about people being able to get in touch if anything's wrong at home - that's just it - what could I do except worry? Because I only ever go away for a few days anyway. Might as well be properly refreshed when I get back if there's trouble to deal with?

Kids and caring stuff apart, some people seem to be unable to exist without their mobiles. :-?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.