Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi caz ... have you read some of our more recent reviews - click here

David :wave
cazd.
In all honesty, I`ve heard more bad things as oppose to good things said about these apartments.

My son and his wife went there a couple of years ago, money was tight for them (newly weds) and they just wanted a quick late deal break, he booked it before asking the advice from his old mum or looking on HT :roll:
It was terrible, they wouldn`t go back there if you paid for them.

His attitude was...Oh well, just as long as it is clean and somewhere to lay their heads....he regretted ever booking them beause they were shabby and basic .
One thing he did point out was, that the walls are paper thin and you get no sleep or are able to participate in bedroom activities. :wink:

HTH...read this
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-blanca/benidorm/palm-court-apartments/

sanji xxx
:thanks sanji

i had a look at the reviews some were good and some were awful is there any apartments you can reccommend as i know you are the expert im fed up with hotels as i miss my fridge to keep my boooze cold :glynis

caz
I can recommend the Primavera Dos. Think you can book them by Airtours or Thomsons.
They are situated near the sunday market and the hotel Pueblo. Very roomy, everything you need eg, toaster, microwave and kettle . Separate bedroom, spacious living quarters and a very large balcony. Swimming pool area is a bit small and there is no entertainment facilities.
:)
Hope this helps.
i know you are the expert

Thanks, but I`m no expert hun :oops:

You say that you are fed up of no fridge, but some hotels have the facility to hire a mini-bar, they usually come in different tariffs, depending what you want them stocked up with on purchase.

You can hire a mini-bar empty, but we have found that it is better value for money to have them stocked up with drink....
We usually have the cheapest option, (which is full of pop,) not because we are tight, but because I don`t drink apart from a drop of brandy laced by coffee in a morning or I might manage one G&T....a WEEK :lol:
Therefore, I drink all the pop and my hubby stocks it up with beer from the local supermarket and uses the tonic in some gin.
We buy a huge bottle of water and a small bottle......then decant the water into the small bottle to fit in the mini-bar.

Apartments, I have heard plenty of good reports about the Gemelos 22 and if ever I wanted to go selfcatering, then I think I would be looking at these apartments, but, I`m sure other posters will have more information on apartments in Benidorm...I`m more of a hotel person. :lol:
click here

Besos xxx
sanji
Sanji mentions Gemelos 22, which I must say seems to be a very popular complex with HT members, both here in the forums and in our reviews section.

:offtop

I noticed on my last visit that they are building Gemelos 26 ....just pass the hotel Rosamar.
Right on the very end of levante beach (front line) they are building Gemelos 28.
They were laying the foundations as we passed on our way up to the cross.....boy, they will have a good view, all down the coast and Alicante....it`s gonna be a while before they are complete, but I wouldn`t mind being one of first in them. prices start at 441.900 €.

click here

Sanji x
thanx for all they quick replies.

i think ill probably end up in the rio park again.

never thought to ask them if they had mini bars for hire that would be ideal

caz
I`ve just been on the Rio Park website and it doesn`t look like they have mini-bars for hire, but it is part of the MedPlaya group and I know for certain that the hotel Regente, which is also part of this group, they have fridges for hire at 4 euros per day.
You could always send them an e-mail to ask.
riopark@medplaya.com

sanji xx
thanx again sanji

caz
A couple of my friends went to Palm Court Apts on a cheap and cheerful, back in the day - BIG mistake! They were cramped and shabby.

Apparently they are used for 18-30 type holidays in the main season, so unless that appeals to you - look elsewhere. :shock: Same goes for The Perla, Estudio's, Luxmar, Payma where they fill them with the 'Young & Lively' market.

On the 'mini bar' note, many of the four star hotels (Gran Bali, Sol Melia, Palm Beach etc..) have a mini bar/fridge already in the room. So have a look on the hotel room facilities. :wink:
There are good apartments very close to the Rio Park if you like that area. Gemelos 2 and Gemelos 4 are both OK. A typical two bedroomed apartment in either will have two twin bedded bedrooms, a double sofa bed in the lounge and possibly another one on the balcony if it's been glassed in, most are. They also have two bathrooms. They can be booked on the net through Beninter or Gestaltur. There is no comparison between privately owned, agency rented, apartments like these and the rabbit hutches the tour companies use.
anyone stayed at palm court appartments benidorm mixed group thinking of going benidorm or majorca in march for a week to celebrate st pats day. thanx vik
Hi vikkilou .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic. You can also access our reviews of this complex via the link in my earlier post.

I am hoping to stay at the Palm Court this summer, I believe it is being refurbished will this include air conditioning. I have been trying to phone the number available but there is no reply, does anyone have an e-mail address or are they not communicating at the moment.
Also which is the best travel company to use when booking these apartments
Think its still closed Pancho. Just found out reopens 1st of may up to now.
I have booked an holiday in these apartments in a few weeks time, they were closed over the winter period and supposedly reopened on May 1st. Has anyone visitied these apartments since the reopening, I would be interested in your views
was there the second week after it reopeded was spot on back there on the 20th july so that says it all
This place looks like somewhere I'd hate to stop, it looks to attract the stag&hen crowd to me. :tut
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.