Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Paper money
19 Posts
Alot of the hotels now do this, actually every hotel in Turkey that i have stayed in have done it.
we always went to the local supermarket & brought them there rather than paying the hotel direct.
Yeap normal practice, however as I work for a Toilet Roll manufacturer I always take my own, ensures I have space in my suitcase for goodies to bring home, also I like softness.

Dave
dave you better hope the sniffer dog at the airport ,is not a labrador pup.
is this just the self catering places? or are even the all inclussive places doing it?

i hope so,
"everything is included but wiping your bum!"
been to a/inclusive hotels all over turkey and never come across this , what i will say it is a good idea to carry tissue or wipes with you as a lot of the bars and resturaunts dont have it ,and if you go to a public toilet you pay at the door and the hand you a small piece of paper the sike of a stamp

bluepeterno1
Sike of a stamp :D :D :D lmao.
Nope never had to pay for extra loo roll yet, and as for bars, some of them YUK :oops:, I would'nt use them if they paid me still lmao
:wink: Kev :wink:
if you run out you can always rummage about the bin and find a bit that is not to soiled :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted:
Seems it not a new thing then but I been to Turkey seven times now and I have never come across it :?

Hope they don't do this in Bitez, it could wipe the smile of my face.. :)
Ha Ha we went to Bitez Sept '05 and it was the first time we have ever had to buy our own, stayed at the Sirca got the first roll free - was not told it would not be replaced, came back after a day at the beach, busting as you do! only to find the cardboard roll was still there - empty :oops: Apparently this phenomenon is peculiar to the Bodrum area!
I've never had to pay for extra loo rolls in hotels, but have always had to when going "Self Catering" is means what it says.
well the value of the currency is dropping that much................................
..................if you get caught short, just wipe your bum with a few notes! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have never come across this problem. Is someone talking bull :swear :rofl No honestly, i have never paid for toilet rolls. Infact we have always had plenty. Looks like no bog rolls will be thrown if England win. If there is, grab some while you can :rofl :rofl Happy hols. Anna xxx
when we were in turkey last year we had to buy our toilett rolls from the reception but on there party night they all tied it around there heaads and threw it like streamers all the kids were running around collecting it it was so funny also everyone started singing andrex andrex where the f........ is andrex so no were not having you on
I have always had toilet roll supplied by the hotel in a B&B, but have always had to buy it after the first rolls ran out in self catering.

Elaine
I've never had to pay for more loo roll in Turkey. I'm getting tempted to add the pipe work to my loo at home so I can have one of those squirty things to give a cool splash where the sun don't shine. We haven't got room for a proper bidet but one of those would do a treat.

Incidentally, for anyone new to Turkey, used loo paper hanging around in a bin adds little to the romantic atmosphere, I find, so we always take a roll of small plastic foodbags to seal it in.

I must make more effort to stop dropping used loo roll in the bin now I'm home again or I'll be getting sorted out.
ian b

i always do that when ive been abroard

we toke nappy bags they`re slightly sented so dont smell that bad and they`re cheap enough.

never been to turkey before but getting really excited 24 more sleeps and yes we are counting.

pam xxxxxxxxxxxx
Have been to apartments before where they say that once your "allocated" loo roll is used you have to pay for any subsequent ones but cant say they have ever actually charged us for them. It is apparantly common practice with self catering :?: :?: :?: :?:
Hi all, we,ve always had to pay for loo roll wherever we have been in Turkey but don't worry everyone it's dirt cheap :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.