Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Double Posting
16 Posts
Everytime I make a new post it appears twice and after making a posting and returning to the Forum I get a message saying I can't post again straight away but have to wait., even though I am not trying to post again. When I click the back button to get back to the forum I am being told that the page has expired and cannot be refreshed, meaning I have to get off the internet and sign in again
Any suggestions

See what I mean, this has double posted
I have no idea why that is happening to you Jackie, it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else.

Does it happen when the site goes particularly slow?
With a risk of double posting this one , no the site seems fine, not slow.
Perhaps it's all the sun here in Tenerife having an effect on the connection :lol: or this dodgy Spanish keyboard which I can't find anything on because each key does about 20 different things
With a risk of double posting this one , no the site seems fine, not slow.
Perhaps it's all the sun here in Tenerife having an effect on the connection :lol: or this dodgy Spanish keyboard which I can't find anything on because each key does about 20 different things

It's happened again
Hi,

perhaps it's because you hit "back". I've done that a couple of times and double posted.

After single clicking "Submit" wait for the next page to load. When it appears either click the link to see your post or go to the forum. If you go to your post click the link at the top or bottom of the page to return to the forum that way.

Derek.
When I have submitted my post I click on 'return to forum". I am either presented with a page that tells me the page I was viewing has expired and it won't refresh, meaning I have to exit the internet and then go back on it, or I am presented with a page that tells me as I have only just posted I can't post again so soon and should wait {even though I don't want to post again so soon} When this appears and hit the back button I am presented with the blank post a reply page . I think it is when I hit the back button then that my post sends again, even though I have been informed previously that it has been submitted and there is no post typed on the page that is showing. I hope you understand what I have just said because on reading it I have totally confused myself let alone you lot :lol:
we have been suffering from a slight gremling attack.. i had to delete 25 duplicated post from one topic last night

we know there are problems and are trying to work around them

PLEASE hang loose and bear with us

wizzard
Thanks Wizard

As long as it is not my computer doing stupid things.
It kept happening to me a little while ago. I think it stopped when I just sat tight and clicked nothing after submitting a post. Eventually the screen changes to show your post and then you can carry on as normal.

Having said that, you may see this post twice! :oops: :rofl
Yes, it works! Try that, JackieUK/Tenerife.
Thanks Roseweb

Will try your suggestion
Have tried after submitting post to wait and not touch anything until my post appears. I then click the back button to get me back on the forum and I am presented with a page telling me that the page has expired and to refresh it. When I refresh it I am presented with the post a reply page ready to type my message. When I click the back button it takes be to my post on the forum but posts it again
Hi Jackie ... you don't need to hit the Back button. Immediately after posting a message you should see this page:

Your message has been entered successfully.

Click Here to view your message

Click Here to return to the forum

David :wave
I do but if I click on the return to forum I am told the page has expired and have to refresh it, when I refresh it then all the problems start. If I don't click on either of the two options the page that my message has been posted on appears and then when I try to get back to home page or any other I am again told that page has expired and to refresh.

It's not a major problem for me I can live with it, but it's you poor lot that are going to have to keep deleting my double posts :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.