Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
they do. i think the only problem people have is those cards with rounded corners.

now here's my tip. if anyone in the queue in front of you is brandishing a savings book, save yourself a 20 minute wait while they struggle with the concept of computerisation, and go to another machine. one in front of me the other day was reading all the menus out loud before deciding on which button to press.

sdII
:rofl ok thanks for the advice, i will remember it in future!!

Fairydust!! :D
Another tip for ATM's on the 'prom' round San Antonio Bay:-

Watch out they get very hot and the metal faced buttons can damn near burn your fingerprints off :rofl
get a nationwide flex card.good rates and they don;t charge you.just make sure you got enough in account.and you dont have to inform your bank if you are going away.not like natwest.ect...fraud squad will phone you up if not.and your card could be stopped
Hi
does anyone know if there are any ATM's in Es Cana? I know where they are in Sta Eu but didn't want to be having to travel around with much money on me if there's one nearer.
Mind you if the euro doesn't pick up soon i'll not be having that much money anyway, i looked today & the highest was M&S -1.2000!!!

thanks

M :wave:
We used one right in the centre - just by the Mar y Huerta (I think). It's just after the part where the pavement dissappears and you have to go on the road !

John
Thanks John, will look for it when we get there

M :tup
ive read on a forum that es cana has no cash machines,is this correct. where is the closest town to find one [not too long walk] thanx
Hi spanish and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with an existing topic on money and ATM's which should have some information.

luci :wave
Spanish,

I think there are at least 2 or 3 in Es Cana.

We used the one right in the centre (see post above) with no problems last year.

John
Hi Spanish
there are quite a few in santa eulalia,there's a bank in the main square, it's a 15-20 minute bus ride from es cana

M :wave:
Does anyone of any good site to keep an eye on the exchage rate for the €?

I am planning to get me money shortly for my trip at the end of May but after phoning round couple places today the rate is really poor. Does anyone know what the rate has been like lately?

What should I do?
:que
Hi Fraz

I got my euros yesterday from the Cheque shop as they had the best rate in my areaThe rate yesterday was 1.21. I did the same as you and phoned round the local exchange shops
Try http://www.comparetravelmoney.co.uk to keep an eye on high streeet rates. You can also subscribe to http://www.xe.com and get daily emails of the InterBank rate.

luci :wave
Should I exchange here or do you think i'l get a better rate when I get there?
I still have not converted my money as I still feel the exchange rate is poor. I am considering taking my money with me and changing it when I am there too. Does anyone know what exchange rate I might get out there and where is best in San An area to change my money?
san an will have a very poor rate i tell you that now...where i live its 123 today ilkeston derbyshire...
I think that they play on the fact that once your there you have no choice but to change your money,so they give you a lousey rate, even worse than here! I found that out in october in Fuerteventura, I could of got a slightly better rate at home.
i always find the best rate is by using the cashpoints over there. mo.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.