General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
stay off facebook etc but if you must use these things don't mention the holiday until you have been.
I always use the keep safe service for post
Around here we don't make it a secret, we tell each other and keep a careful eye on each others property. The official advice many yers ago was "be a nosy neighbour" and it does work.
Nowadays we just make sure that all the doors and windows are locked,and the burglar alarm is set. Used to leave a key with a neighbour ,but since they have moved away we don't bother now. In fact, we don't normally tell them we are going away.
We try to persuade one of my daughters to visit if we are away for more than a week ,just to pick up the junk mail (which is virtually all we get nowadays !)
My s-i-l is a copper and his view is that if a "professional" wants to break in, he will, whatever precautions you may take but using all the locks will deter all the chancers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.