Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
On 22nd May 2014 at 08:40am, Fiona said:
Oh to go back to those days when I spent all my money on clothes, make up and nights out. When I was suicidal if I weighed eight and a half stone :rofl
Does anyone remember the days when there were no nightclubs- they were discos? When women danced together and men danced with themselves in the mirrors around the dancefloor? I remember the night started after the hotel entertainment stopped for the night. We stayed out till 6 or 7am and I could still make the last call for breakfast! :D
The places I remember- Bananas. I thought it looked one of the nicest places inside but thought the music was a bit obscure. But that didn't matter! Alexandros was really popular and I think they gave out free tee shirts with entry( or was that Bananas as I distinctly remember the tee shirts were yellow). My all time favourite was Sir Lawrence. Loved the music, atmosphere and I think the "talent" had something to do with it as well :rofl
Was reminiscing with someone about this and thought it would be a good thread here. I certainly remember getting back to my hotel after an evening partying at 7am, getting changed, packed and down for the coach pick up at 8am. That was some journey home :yuck
Anyone else with memories? Remember the Sir Lawrennce very well great place back in 1973 reguler back to the hotel at 5 am,also the Kensington,Cutty Sark,El Mecca plus many more last time i was there 1992 the Sir lawrence was no longer great memories.
On 21st March 2021 at 11:58am, Deansy said:
On 14th February 2018 at 07:25pm, Terry 'Denny Crane' McCartney said:
I remember the Aeroplane nightclub, quite seedy and looked really weird seeing an old airliner parked up at the side of the road but great memories. I've told loads of people about this and nobody believes me haha. I was over there for 4 months in 1984/85 - brilliant time, would love to go back again and relive my youth haha
I vaguely remember that place - I'm almost certain we were taken there after going to the barbecue !. I liked it, we met a crowd of girls from Liverpool and one of them was stunning and for some strange reason, took a shine to me - but - and I didn't know then or now but we got our wires crossed and I thought they were going home the next day so didn't bother pursuing it. Almost 2 weeks later, to our shock we bumped into them again only this time they WERE going home the next day (4am to be exact) - AND to make matters worse, the girl had been looking for me and it turned out they stayed at the Hotel Olympic (or Olympus ??) which was only 1/200 yards away from where we were staying !!. Anyway, her and I spent what few hours they had left and it IS one of my favourite Majorca memories !!
Ican remember an aircraft on the road near Santa Ponsa 1976,it was some type of cafe/bar cannot recall a night club though,Byblos in Santa Ponsa was a great place.
On 22nd May 2014 at 08:40am, Fiona said:
Oh to go back to those days when I spent all my money on clothes, make up and nights out. When I was suicidal if I weighed eight and a half stone :rofl
Does anyone remember the days when there were no nightclubs- they were discos? When women danced together and men danced with themselves in the mirrors around the dancefloor? I remember the night started after the hotel entertainment stopped for the night. We stayed out till 6 or 7am and I could still make the last call for breakfast! :D
The places I remember- Bananas. I thought it looked one of the nicest places inside but thought the music was a bit obscure. But that didn't matter! Alexandros was really popular and I think they gave out free tee shirts with entry( or was that Bananas as I distinctly remember the tee shirts were yellow). My all time favourite was Sir Lawrence. Loved the music, atmosphere and I think the "talent" had something to do with it as well :rofl
Was reminiscing with someone about this and thought it would be a good thread here. I certainly remember getting back to my hotel after an evening partying at 7am, getting changed, packed and down for the coach pick up at 8am. That was some journey home :yuck
Anyone else with memories?
Hi there, l loved my time in Majorca Magaluf fantastic, l remember all the things you nentioned. I have a question, the Hotel band named Tayolets, l am looking to find out if they recorded songs from that era, be good to hear them again. I'm looking to get a CD or cassette. Would any of you 1980 clubbers have any info on this please. This would make an old lady very happy.
Loved my time back then. Sounds like we all did. Thank you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.