UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
If you can get them at a decent price I'd snap them up. You're trying to book during the Edinburgh festival - THE busiest time of the year. There wont be a spare bed in Edinburgh during the 2nd half of August.
Never heard of these apts. Have you looked on Trip Advisor?
Bridd
I have booked a 4 bedroomed apartment in Edinburgh for a group of seven of us who are going to be there for a week in June. Called the Central Apartments, they look comfortable (called 'luxurious') and they are 25 pounds p.p.p.week. They are also very central, at Tollcross. Only problem may be where to park our van.
Anyone ever stayed there? Any ideas about parking?
Maggie
Sorry, that should read 25 pounds per person per night!
m.
Tollcross is hellish for parking. You're inside the controlled zone. Do you know what street you're in?

Bridd
Hi again,
is this the one?

http://www.aboutscotland.com/edin/eca.html

If so, it says parking by arrangement so maybe they do a deal at a nearby carpark.
If not it'll be extortionate so you might be better parking further south of the apartments. I reckon you could walk to the edge of the controlled zone in about 15 minutes and park on the street for free.

Bridd
That's the one Bridd. It looks as though there is at least one car park quite near. The Manager did warn me about parking hence my concern; Having lived in Edinburgh I know what a pain it can be. Once the van is parked we shall simply leave it there unless we go out of the city. We are at least within walking and bus distance of everywhere. Apparently we can also park it close by overnight but it will have to be moved before 7.30am. We lived on Great King St and later Drummond Place and often had to get up early to move the car so that might work too occasionally....as long as I'm not the one to do it!! Many thanks for your help by the way; I had lost the web site for the apartments and this is a better one.

Maggie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.