Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Sorry can't comment on the accomodation.

For that time of year, I think the weather is more or less guaranteed.
I ususally go either at the start or end of the season (May or Sept/Oct)

Never been to Alcudia so I can't compare, but I have found Es Cana to be just the right resort for myself.
It is very much family orientated. A few clubs, but nothing like to the extent of San Antonio.
Plenty of bars with their own entertainment at night.
Plenty of eating places for most tastes.
There is enough going on to keep people occupied without the excesses of other resorts on the Island.
It has a very good and safe beach.
Santa Eulalia is just a short hop away either by Bus, Ferry or if feeling energetic a walk along the coast.
Santa Eulalia has more to offer than Es Cana in terms of shopping and up market eating places.
Each Wednesday there is the Hippy Market at Es Cana and stopping in resort give you the advantage of getting there early to avoid the rush of incoming trippers from other parts of the Island. The resort does get very busy on Wednesdays.

Hope that is enough for you to be getting on with.
Have a good holiday.
ive never stayed at the maryheurta hostal,but for the last 2 years we have stated at the appartments next door(es cane),and from the pool ,i have often looked in to the grounds and the pool area, and thought that it looked very nice.apparently last year people from our appartments were buying drinks at your bar and using the pool because it was bigger than ours,dont let this put you off because there was plenty of sun loungers. ps es cana is great.the weather will be cracking the flags!!!! as we say in yorkshire we go usually the first 2 weeks in june and its nearly too hot for me.dont forget to try the marvent next door and charlies bar,have a great time,i love es cana mo...
went to es cana last year in early july nice and warm it only rained once (but its rained every time ive been to ibzia).
cant comment on your digs but the resort is not as big as Alcudia, for us just right, plenty of places to eat drink shop and be merry most of the bars have entertainment in the evenings.
Although im not a beach person es cana has a good one but it did seem to get a little crowded at times
The hippy market gets extremly crowded and HOT so get there early!! and take plenty of water

HTH
Hey!

I have just back from holiday and i stayed at the Hotel Mar y Huerta. I thought the hotel was very nice. The staff were very friendley and it was very close to the beach and some shops. The weather was fantastic so i imagine in july it will be very very hot! Es Cana is pretty quiet at night and is nore for families altough Charlies is a good place to go. Have a nice holiday
We went to Es Cana and had a brilliant time, the kids loved it.Plenty of nice places to eat, the Hippy market is good but take drinks with you as it can get warm walking around, and very busy! I am sure you will have a lovely time. karen
Thanks for your replies everyone. All very much appreciated.

Was just wondering...do the rooms at the Mar Y Huerta have a ceiling fan or any form of 'cooling' device? Or if you can rent fans from reception?

Thanks again.

Angela
:D have you seen the website for this accomadation :?: http://www.ibizaholidays.com/maryhuerta/default.htm i cant see any info about the rooms,but you could e mail them to ask :D
Hi Funkylady

I stayed in this hostel a couple of years ago. We enjoyed our stay - the hotel was very clean, food was OK - not a varied choice but well cooked. The rooms were basic but kept clean, bedding/towels changed regularly and the rooms did have a ceiling fan. The staff were very friendly, couldn't do enough for you.

The pool area was lovely, plenty of sunbeds (my two children had a lovely time) and the bar and cafe is popular with guests and passing visitors at night.

Hope you have a good time

Nancy
escana is a beautiful place you have the hippy markets on a wednesday and beautiful scenery and seas.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.