Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We went to that hotel, we're a couple without children but don't like drunken loutishness. We found Lagana fine providing you were out of the town before 11pm ish. I'm sure if all you want to do is to have a walk out after your evening meal you'd find this the perfect base. We love all-inclusive hotels but so many of them are in the middle of no where. The Louis Zante beach is in a perfect location, far enough away to enable a peaceful holiday, but close enough for a stroll at anytime you fancy. We used to do a round the block trip, we'd walk along the beach, then through the town back down the hotels main entrance drive.
thats a great location for a hotel. i love zante so much but im 19 and it is a very young persons resort now i feel. i personally wouldnt take children there
Hi,have you looked at Tsilivi? we stayed here in july and really enjoyed it,although we dont have kids it really was a family resort and i really recommend it,we passed through Laganas at night and it was boisterous to say the least and really felt like a young persons resort,cheers Mark
Oh dear jammie, if you've seen The Sun to-day then Laganas is most definitely not for your family. If it is not too late, then i suggest you try and Book to another Resort on Zante. Check out Resort Reports, we stayed in Alykanas back in May and this i feel would be more suited to your needs, taking into consideration the ages of your children. It has a really good Beach and plenty of children friendly Restaurants. Please note that on Resort Reports there are two spellings for Alykanas, one with the y and one with the i !!!! Look at both. Wishing you all the very best.
Having read the article in The Sun to-day, it appalls me that people can go abroad to get into this state. Personally, i could do that here and save the expense of the holiday. If partying like this is your vent then good luck to you. For people seriously thinking about holidaying in Zante for the first time in the near future, remember, Laganas IS NOT the only resort on the island. If you want quiet, you can get it. There are other lively resorts which are better suited to families seeking entertainment. We stayed on this island for the first time earlier this year, we enjoyed every minute of it. The people being warm and friendly and the island itself being a beautiful place. Still, the Louts had to move onto somewhere new, having done Ayia Napa in Cyprus and Faliraki in Rhodes and not forgetting of course, San Antonio in Ibiza !!!! Where will it be next ??
Many thanks for all your replies to my query - I did read the report in the Sun today and that certainly made up my mind! However, it does seem from your replies that there are a lot more places in Zante suited for families, so we are looking into them now. If not it could be Crete - can anyone recommend any good family A/I there!
many thanks again for your replies - really appreciate it
Look at the Direct Greece website http://www.directgreece.co.uk/ we have travelled with them with our children. Plenty of different locations available which would suit you.
Also see Kosmar http://www.kosmar.co.uk/ntsgr/cms/page.asp?home

Gary
i wouldnt believe everything you read in the press especially not the mickey mouse paper that is the sun! laganas is a lovely place but it has a fantastic nigtlife. i have seen families there but i cant say there is much to do for them. I say find a babysitter and go out to laganas without them. you would have a great time. if not try tsivilli. my auntyin her 40s is passed the clubbing night life but had a great time in tsivilli. she said it was lovely but not to quiet or too loud
I have been twice to Laganas now, and booked already for next may. Laganas is the BEST resort I have ver stayed! I am 25 years old now, but the last time I went was 3 years ago. The time before that was 2 years earlier. I am not one for getting tanked up, but that started late anyway. By the time the idiotic behaviour had started, even I was back at the apartments.

To be honest, there is NO WAY I would go to Laganas All Inclusive - there are far too many nice places to eat to tie yourself to just one place.
:rage for the past ten years i have gone to laganas in zante, i have loved the place even took my sep kids to zante last year but i was gob smacked to how it has been taken over by drunken louts, it was and still is a beautifull island and the people who work there are lovely, if you stay by the relax bar in the night you are fine but why should you, :cry: the drunken louts have spoilt rhodes, crete and ibiza and now zante, if they want to act this way then stay at home and do it instead of letting other :pele holiday makes suffer your drunked behaver, this year i went to sunnybeach in bulgaria, but i am going back to laganas in zante next year as i am not letting these drunken louts stop me from going to an island that i have been to 10 times and love, so anyone who is not a lout and has a family and has always wanted to go to laganas then go lets get this island back to what it was and free from the louts. :tut
us drunken louts pay for our holiday fair and square! if we want to have fun and get drunk we will. one day we will probably stop get a mortgage and live a meaningless existence. come on! i did read the sun articles and laganas is everything they made it out to be but from the perspective of a more mature civilian. if a young person wrote it out it would have been brought out in a whole different perspective but i hardly expect that from the sun
:thanks thanks but us MATURE CIVILIANS also pay for our holiday too and why should we be driven out of the place we love and have been to for many years, and dont forget laganas was once a family resort, did you not see the daily mirror last week???? :whoops
no i did not read the daily mirror im afraid and i meant no offence by mature civillans just thought it politer than saying old. to be fair during the peak time the money os to be made from young people so thats why resorts lean towards us. im not a lout, i just have fun, get drunk, sing and dance. i wish we could all just party together
Hi Folks

you don't give me many problems in this forum please cool down a bit and keep it friendly

wizard
I have booked to go in May 06, and the last time I went was 3 years ago. Being 25 years old I still want to have fun, but hate to see all the drunk teens ruining everyone elses holiday. I fear the place may be very different to what attracted me there in the first place. You dont mind people having a good time, providing they are willing to get upto their antics after 12oClock, and dont ruin other peoples holiday in the process.
It appears Laganas has changed (for the worse) over the last 2 years :cry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4189154.stm
the drunken louts have spoilt rhodes, crete and ibiza and now zante

That is a rubbish statement to make.
What you mean is certain resorts in these islands have been taken over by the

drunken louts

There are plenty of families that have been to Rhodes, Crete and Ibiza this year. And i have no doubt that they have had a lovely time. And they have not witnessed any of this behaviour by the young ones. Why because they have avoided the resorts that they have all decided to go to this year.

But what about the bar owners who also are at fault. They must have been rubbing their little hands together in Lagans this year.

With the thought of all those kids spending plenty of money. Because they do.
PLEASE KEEP IT FREINDLY
wizard
I'm not calling anybody, i'm just pointing out that it is certain resorts that have been taken over and not the whole of the island.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.