Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We'll need a bit more info than that, trasjohno :)

Are you the kind of family that:

a. likes to sit around on your balcony sipping a white wine, reading the latest Booker winning novel & going out for the occsaional ramble round a greek ruin; or

b. likes having a good time in a different bar every night, playing pool, doing karaoke & watching a cabaret show; or

c. a bit of both?

I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations.
B, sounds good to me
B. = Marmaris .... then again other resorts like Icmeler and Kusadasi can also offer this but on a smaller scale. It might be worth using the search facility and looking up some of the posts that came in just at the end of last season. No matter where you choose though I bet you have a ball.

Wilson :wink:
I'd agree with Wilson: Marmaris. It is pretty loud and "in yer face". You won't see much Turkish culture or food, but it's the place to go if you want to large it bigtime :pele

- Tony -
marmaris is probably a good starting point for your"turkish" experience. if you enjoy it then you can explore further afield to see the real country.
we are a family of 3, daughter is 8, we have only been to turkey twice and both times been to marmaris and we absolutely love the place to bits!!

it is personal choice but we find the bars on the beachfront are varied and mixed - some are really in your face music and karaoke - others are quieter but it suits us down to the ground

we have never had to worry about entertaining Alisha because there are always loads of kids around and kids have no prejudices so make friends so easily so its fantastic

back again in 29 weeks - can't wait!!!!
Look no further than Babadan Apartments, Icmeler, through Thomsons. Read up on the Babadan discussion also see the Hotel Report. These apartments are perfectly located for all your needs.
I'd say Icmeler

Ive stayed in Marmaris and Olu along with others but Icmeler gets my vote.

I have a daughter of 18 and two boys 15, 11 and they all love it.

All round family entertainment is available every where and they always make you feel welcome. As it is smaller than Marmaris (yet only a stone through away) there is much more of a friendly personal touch to everything.
My daughter is close enough to head into Marmaris for the real nightlife as Icmelers clubs are tame.

Where ever you go , enjoy it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.