Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
bugibba
8 Posts
Hello steve, There is a bus station in Bugibba with buses to all parts of the island, it should only cost a few cents to get to Mellieha. They run till about 9.30pm so if you stay later you will have to get a taxi back, not sure of the price but fix the price before you get in. Also if you get the bus back they can be full most of the time as they are comming from the ferry port just up the road.

Hope this is a help,
Dave.
There are plenty of buses to Mellieha and other part of Malta from the bus station in Bugibba so you should have no problems. Malta buses are cheap and very reliable although not the most comfortable or cleanest in the world!!

Pippa
Dave/Pippa, Thanks for your prompt reply. Any idea how long
the journey would take on the bus ??

cheers

steve
The bus journey will take you approx 25 mins from Bugibba to Mellieha.

Remember to find out if you have to get off in the actual village of Mellieha or more probably down at the bay, there is a fairly steep hill between the two areas.

Graham
Hello bluesteve,

The buses that run between Mellieha and Qawra/buggiba take around 15 to 25 mins depending on traffic and passengers. The fare should be between 25c and 50c depending on whether you get the express bus. Which by the way is no faster than the normal bus!!!

A taxi between the two should cost no more than 6Lm each way. Make sure you know just exactly where your friends are staying as there is Mellieha Heights and Mellieha Bay, which as Graham has mentioned has a long winding steep hill seperating the two.
m&n, Thanks for the info. Looks like a bus there and taxi back.
6LM sounds reasonable enough. I will make sure I get directions
from our friends. I am breaking out in a sweat just thinking
about that hill.
thanks again

steve
Hi Steve i have stayed in Mellieha a fair few times and would suggest if you do need a taxi late in the day book it before hand and not just temp fate that you find one at a taxi stand. Have a great holiday Cheers Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.