UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Caroline

There isn't really a 'main strip' in Nottingham, although most places are within a short walk of Market Square. I think it will depend on what sort of pubs/bars you are looking for - loud and fun or quieter and more sophisticated.
I am having a hen night out in nottingham. Can anyone recommend some good pubs, bars and clubs as have never been before. :P
It depends what you want. Close to the Market Square are your towny, fun pubs like Yates's, Squares, Reflex, etc.
If you want something a bit more upmarket/sophisticated then head for the old Lace Market area with Living Room, Pitcher & Piano, Bluu, Sugar, etc.
cheers for info. What nightclubs are worth checking out?
llove cheese, but not slease!
I like Faces or Lizard Lounge (though Lizard Lounge is a bit more RnB). The Works has 2 rooms and one is pure cheesy dance or if you're drunk enough you can have a laugh in The Palais - though that DEFINITELY falls into the sleaze category, it's a dump!
The Works has lost its licence and is no longer open. The Palais (previously the Ritzy) has changed it's name to Oceana and has had a refurb but i can't comment on what it's like inside. There is also Ocean near the train station which plays similar stuff. Reflex and Flares are round the corner from each other so it depends on whether you prefer 80's or 70's music.

Can't be much more help than that as we only go to rock clubs nowadays!
nottingham is cool for going out as been said start around market square and work uptoward lace market hockley etc.

but the drinks can be pricey up there.

not to sure on the works being shut down, but there is a website seems to be open as normal type in works nottingham, you can listen to the music they play on friday sat nights
The Works is definitely shut - i walked past it last night and the sign has come down and a 'For Sale' board has gone up.
Can cofirm the Works closed last New Years eve nad the premises are to let.

Flares is excellent for 80's dance and you'll find plenty of bars i nthe vicinity.

Enjoy your time in Nottm ;)
Van :wave
many thanks for all the replys. will be sure to enjoy my time in nottingham.
kat2006
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.