Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Car Hire
354 Posts
Odyssey

Is it Easycar or http://www.easyrentacarltd.com/ - whom I use regularly when I visit ?

Kath HT Admin
Totally agree Lesley!

Only took me 20 years to get up the courage to join in...... Have to say, most of it is easier than driving here, the new motorways are fantastic and nice and quiet compared to us.

Don't think I would fancy driving to Nicosia tho, bit too busy for me. The service taxis are really good, we went there on one and boy!, was I glad I had decided not to drive.

The best advice I was given was, 'always expect the unexpected' in Cyprus. Just let them get on with it and never, never, compare it too the driving at home :lol:

Cheers,
Janet
we had 3 weeks in paphos in december (including xmas) ordered a small car, got a new ford fiesta with airconditioning, collected from airport and dropped off back there too for UK £152, including CDW and full insurance and if I returned it full of petrol I got a refund of the petrol supplied (paid in addition). All booked in the Uk and car provided was from a worldwide known rental compnay. Excellent value, fautless service. Wont advertise the company on the forum but happy to supply if you PM me.

I always drive when hubbie & I visit (several times a year). Have had some experiences which have been interesting to say the least but you miss out in my opinion if you dont join them!
Go on........, share it with us...........

No, seriously, it's always good to know about reputable companies and if it helps another member, all the better.

Cheers,
Janet
OK. I it was ......

http://www.auto-europe.co.uk

I have used them 3 times in Paphos and 100% on each occasion.

I also have used George and Kula on many occasions over the past several years and always get quotes for my guests at my rental aptmnt from them but on 3 occasions for me Auto europe beat their quotes by quite a bit.

I have always booked a small car and ended up with a clio on the first occasion, a suzuki vitara the second time and this last time a ford fiesta. None of these vehciles incurred me any upgrade charges.

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks to everyone for the reassuring comments. Can anyone else give me some more info on the likely type and amounts of extra costs on top of the basic package. e.g. insurance, petrol etc? I've only ever had hire cars when mine has been being repaired before and so didn't have to pay for them. Also, what's the parking like in major towns and at tourist sites?
Hi,

I've had a read though the Car Hire sticky, but can't find anything specific to my question... which is...

I'm looking at rental prices and cars for our hols in August. Don't want anything above & beyond our needs, which means being big enough for 2 adults, 2 kids, and to fit in 2 large suitcases & some hand luggage for the trip to & from the airport.

I've been given a price from petsas as recommended on here, which was for a VW Polo - not knowing anyone with a Polo, I wanted to know if anyone here could give me a pointer as to whether they think it'll be big enough!

TIA

Gav.
a polo is aprox the same size as a Vauxhall corsa 4 door or skoda fabia 4 door

wizard
We had a Polo from Petsas a couple of years ago.
Although there were only the 2 of us we fitted 2 medium to large suitcases plus 2 flight bags in comfortably, so I'd say yes.

Mark
Yes, friends of mine got lost in the hills above Latchi in the dark on their first day in Cyprus, and the problem was, they was trying to find their holiday villa at the time!!
As an ex-Polo owner back in the UK, they are surprisingly roomy! It rather depends on the size of your suitcases; if they are standard to large, you'll be OK. If they are jumbo, you'll have to stand them upright probably, which means hand luggage many have to go on passenger laps. On the mega plus side, VW cars tend to be generous with the leg room and head height, so if you have anyone tall in your party, they will thank you. And they are really nippy round mountain roads, too.
In the dark - that must have been horrendeous it was bad enough in the sunshine!!!
I'm 6'4" and the Polo was adequate enough for me.
Thanks all for the replies. Think I'll plump for the Polo then - with 2 short r'se adults & 2 10 year olds we should have plenty of room then!
Wat is the cheapest that you can hire a car for in Ayia Napa? For like a week? :)
Email Petsas for a quote. Ignore the prices on their website.
I won't use anyone else. Been using them for years.

Mark
I used Petsas for my holiday in Cyprus last year, I looked around for ages before we went, and I couldnt get anyone to match their prices. I emailed for a quote which was far less than on their site, and when I actually got the car, it was a higher grade than what we'd actually paid for. The car was fab, and the service was excellent! Cannot recommend them enough! :)
Re upgrading, we had 3 hire periods with Petsas last year, each time we were upgraded! :D

Mark
Anyone booked with :

Economy Car Rentals. Com ?

Getting a very good price but as usual would like to know how good (or rubbish) they are.

Cheers,
Jinty
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.