Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Certainly for local cards (Cyprus issued bank cards) it's €300 per day which should be enough to keep you going.

And as a small tip - it's Paphos (pronounced paff_oss) not "pathos". Not quite the same thing although others would beg to differ... ;)
Thank's very much,do the ATM's usually charge a fee for withdrawals,thanks again
Hiya, as far as I'm aware using a "foreign" card in the ATM will generally incur charges (ie a card by another issuer than the bank you are making the withdrawal at).

I would think any charges should be able to be advised by your bank/card issuer regarding overseas and/or non-issue bank withdrawals and transactions.

If we withdraw from a different issuing bank here in Cyprus there is a charge - we don't do it any more so I don't know what it is but it will be different in any event for a non-Cypriot issued card.
I would also check these currency cards in particular which ones they take. My daughter was in Ayia Napa for example and it would not take the pre-currency card from the Cooperative travel nor Thomas Cook. I use the FairFX and have not had any trouble so far.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.