Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Problems
14 Posts
fwh wrote:
When I log in I check the "Log me in Automatically" but it does not - I have to log in each time.

Admin will look into this as the setting to enable this may have not been activated.

fwh wrote:
I have reinstated my Avatar - Image shows in profile but does not seem to be shown in "old" postings

Looking at some old postings it does not show me online

Having gone through some of the posts you made way back in 2006, I can see both your new Avatar and your status as being online (currently anyway).

Mark :D
Not really a problem, but I liked the Forums read button at the bottom of the page like most other forums have. I think most people start at the top and work down through the topics.

Also did we not click on the time of the last thread to be taken straight to it, instead of clicking the last page number then scrolling down?
edbanger wrote:
Not really a problem, but I liked the Forums read button at the bottom of the page like most other forums have. I think most people start at the top and work down through the topics.

Could you please explain as I don't quite understand your query

edbanger wrote:
Also did we not click on the time of the last thread to be taken straight to it, instead of clicking the last page number then scrolling down?

You can click on this icon: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/styles/subsilver2/imageset/icon_topic_latest.gif to get to the last post of the last topic from the index page.

if you are logged in then when new post are made in a topic you will have [next to the topic title] an arrow and the representation of a page, CLICK THAT PAGE SYMBOL,and you should get any post made since your last visit... if you are looking at who made the last post in a topic then next to the screen name again is an arrow and the representation of a page click that symbol to see the last post made in that topic

wizard
Yes, it all works very well indeed. Many thanks to all concerned.

Is "Delete board cookies" the same as the old "mark all forums read"? Always a useful tool whn logging out.

Incidentally, I always start at the bottom of the page.
Nope... deleting all cookies will log you out but will not make all forums read as marked.

As of now all tracking is done through the database. So you will not lose any new topic markers when logging out (either accidentally or purposly).

To make all forums read as marked, use the link at the top right hand side corner when viewing the index.

fwh wrote:

Suggestion - Rather than each of us raising a new topic with our problems would it not be best to have one where we could all post. In cases where it is us doing something wrong rather than a system problem then the answer could also be posted. Might save some time for you answering the same question each time.

I understand what you are saying, however, using a system like that can cause posts to be missed and items overlooked. I'd rather one poster per topic unless the poster is suffering the same issue. Then once it's fixed we can lock the topic and let it drop

Regards

Van
The "Mark forums read" is now at the top of the Board index page instead of the bottom.
Many thanks. I've found it.
The loading of pages on here seems slower compared with other web sites.

Or is it just me. :?:
Scorchio wrote:
The loading of pages on here seems slower compared with other web sites.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=110817 :D
That is just temporarily whilst the software is rebuilding the search index.

Should be back to lightning quick in due course.

Thanks for the replies, I should have had a look about before posting. :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.