Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
I just tested the Bulgaria feed with Opera... opened it up and marked all topics as read... then created a new topic here on HT and refreshed the reader and was notified of one new topic which appeared at the top as unread.

Seems to be working for me.

Mark :D
I'm getting the same as Steve, the same list of new topics several times a day. I only subscribe to the Cruise forum via FeedReader and get notification of a load of subjects that aren't even in that forum!

luci :wave
Luci,

The RSS feeds for forums other than the main destination forums have been disabled and you should see topics from the Announcement section only.

Mark :D
Interesting as I never mark them as read, but when they are in there multiple times from different days, they are not linked by the software as the same item. It is more noticable following a morning start so I will check again tomorrow and and add my findings. Then I will start to change things.
Today although the Caribbean forum shows as no new posts for me, the RSS feed shows 50 dating back to 2/1/8. There are actually 3 copies of most of them culled at different times.

I will now kill the RSS feed and reinstall it to see if that makes any difference tomorrow.
interestingly, the Egypt , Costa Blanca and Ibiza forums feeds exhibit the same problem but the Turkey one seems to be OK. My jobs feed shows no new jobs and so has not repeated yesterday's offerings!
Quick update. HT and Opera V9.25 RSS do not work together at all well. I reset the Caribbean RSS feed link, but the next day a got a few old ones, not so many but a few. The next day I got even more old ones and now I am getting multiple copies, although not necessarily the same ones in the same order!

At the same time, the multiple job sites I have subscribed to are not duplicating entries although I wish they would as it might then give the impression there was some hope out there for me!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.