Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi All, just wondering if there is a way of choosing my seat online with Qatar? I'm flying to BKK (via Doha) with them in June this year - can't wait :sun2 and managed to get a return ticket from MAN for £374 which is even better! :tup
leespot

If You Check In Online (Up to 36 Hours Before Departure You Can Select Your Seet)

Online Check-In

Maybe You Want To Try Giving Them A Call, Contact Details Here

Gower
Many thanks Gower, I'll chill until 36 hours before I go! :) I might give them a call anyway, as there are only two of us travelling would be nice to get the two seats on either side of the row of four.
Can anyone help?
I want to book the Louis Tavern exec lounge at Bangkok, however, there are 3 to choose from all on different levels and concourses. Which would be the nearest if I am flying in from Koh Samui and then onwards to Doha with Qatar?
I dont want to make the mistake of booking in the one furthest away from our flight.
Thanks in advance
Hi I have a number of questions I hope someone can help me with,

Firstly, my girlfriend is from the Czech republic and we will be flying from London to Dubai on Emirates and then taking Qatar Air to Doha.

Do we have to go through immiration in Dubai to check our luggage on to the Qatar flight? And if so, as my girlfriend doesnt have a visa for the UAE, can I go through and check the bags? Is there a possibility that if I go and check with the Qatar air services at Heathrow, they might tag my luggage so it put on the flight to Doha?

Second Question, our flight arrives in Dubai at 6.30am and I have booked points flights at 11 am on to Doha, since then I have noticed that there is a Qatar Air flight at 6.55. If we caught that flight we would get to Doha a lot earlier, is it makeable? should I change the point flight to that time or should I leave it as is and try to get on it when we arrive?

Thank you for your help.

mike
I dont know if Emirates will book your luggage all the way to Qatar this is what I should call and check with Emirates.
On the connection times you will not make the Doha flight you are better leaving that as it is as Transfers in Dubai can be very busy.
Qatar unveils launch dates for two new India routes

Qatar Airways is bringing forward the launch dates of two new Indian routes - Goa and Amritsar - in time for the winter holiday season.

Scheduled flights to the northern Indian city of Amritsar will be launched on October 11 ahead of Diwali, the religious festival of lights.

Goa flights will be launched two weeks later on October 25, making Qatar the first full-service scheduled international airline flying to the resort.

Both routes will be operated four-times-per-week non-stop from the airline's hub in Doha, connecting with flights from Heathrow, Gatwick and Manchester.

The two-class Airbus A320s to be used on the route are configured with 12 seats in Business and 132 seats in Economy.

Chief executive officer Akbar Al Baker said: "When we made the route expansion announcement during the ITB Berlin travel show in March, news spread very quickly with a lot of excitement in the market about these highly underserved destinations by international airlines.

"We have since been inundated with calls from the public seeking more information about the launch dates. We are now pleased to confirm the launch times giving Qatar Airways significantly more capacity to India."

Further new routes are planned, including Melbourne, Sydney, and two cities in Europe.

With permission from Travelmole
hi totp

they will get you on your connecting flight in that time no problem we only had 1/2 hr change over time and we boarded our connection ok there was a bit of a wait queing on arrival at the airport which worried us a bit cos we were all waiting in a crowd and it seemed a bit disorganised we mentioned it to an assistant who radioed through to let the boarding staff no we were coming through they had put labels on our luggage saying express transfer so the luggage handlers would rush them through hope this helps anita :)
just booked with southall travel £354,feel its a great deal,on the confirmation that they sent me it clearly says that you get 30 kg luggage,but on qatar site it says 20kg.southall travel must have got it wrong

just a update regarding baggage allowance,if you book through southall travell (i did last night)they allow you 30 kilos of luggage,yes 30!!!! and 5 hand luggage,if you book via the qatar website you get 20 kilos.when i phoned southall travell to quiery this (i thought they had made a mistake)to be told they have a special arrangement with qatar airlines,and that they sell a lot of flights for them ,hence them allowing southall customers 30 kilos!,i only paid 354 each for wife and i,well pleased.you can get some grrat deals with them,and i beleive you get free drinks as well!!cant be bad.also phoned them up today and asked for window seats,and they said no problem,very easy!!!!. does anyone know how long the flight is to doha from manchester and the flight duration from doha to goa? thanks
Hi Les,
Maybe I should have read all the posts in this thread including yours before booking this morning direct with Quatar.
They only allow 20kgs as you correctly pointed out ! The advantage is that you can choose your seats whilst your booking the tickets .They are not guarenteed but as there were few other seats taken on our flights in November I got to choose the ones by the emergency exits which should have extra legroom.
The price direct was £365 which is slightly dearer too !
Leaves M/C at 8.20am arrives Doha 18.20
Leaves Doha 21.30 arrives Goa 3.35

Total travel time is 13 hours 45 minutes.

Return you leave Goa at 4.35 to arrive in Doha at 6.15 then on to M/C at 7.30 to arrive at 12.30.

Total travel 13 hours 25 minutes.

With the time differences I'm not sure if the travel includes stopping time but I can't think it does. Also not sure if you have to go through customs and immigration at Doha...I wouldn't think so.
That means it's better than going via Mumbai or Bangalore to get to Goa as you can check your bags through all the way and I don't think there are other terminals to consider at Doha either.
Perhaps someone can tell us more !!!!
Hi DaveWales. good news!! The journey time is inclusive of the stopover.
We're looking at Qatar from Gatwick to Goa in December. The outbound leg is good with 3 hours in Doha, but coming back we have 19 hours in Doha. (I realize LHR would be less wait, but have connecting flights at LGW) Qatar say they provide accommodation, meals, etc for long Doha stopovers on certain itineraries or routes. Does anyone know if Goa - Doha - Gatwick is one of these, or should we budget for an added $125 each ??
Don't know the reply to your question but if you ring here you'll find out !

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/offices/contactus_unitedkingdom_londongatwick.html

I doubt very much that they would provide accommodation as part of the ticket but you never know. You'll find the timings that have longer stopovers between flights are often the cheapest.
Have you tried searching for flights on days either side of the one you are looking at, you may find that there are better options available there. I did.
Thanks Dave. We've been lucky in the last few years and always found a discounted Monarch premier flight. With less availability on charters this year, I don't rate our chances this time. The Qatar flight out is good so perhaps a few hours on the M25 on the way back won't be a big deal and we can take a LHR return. It's just that it's a 3 flight operation (from the Channel Islands), so at that time of year the probability of missing connections increases with each travel segment included. I may give them a ring re the stopover, although I suspect the fares / class paid may not be clear cut - otherwise they would have detailed it on their website - hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!
If they dont supply the Hotel,maybe you could book the Orynx Lounge,this used to be Qatar Airways Business Lounge and used to have semi sleeper chairs,worth a try.If you PM me I will check it out for you.
We have just booked tickets to Trivandrum, Kerala in March at incredibly good prices of £340 return each ( and hardly any stopover time either). I enquired with Southall and they could offer them for £329 but they gave less luggage allowance than going straight to Qatar.( Both 20kg hold but Southall only 5kg hand vs Qatar 7kg)
I haven't quite figured out the points yet but by joining their "Privilege club" you get increased baggage allowance depending on the level of membership. For anyone thinking of going to India twice within a 12 month period it's well worth signing up to so you get 30kg hold luggage allowance even for their lowest level of membership.From what I can see one flight to India is enough to qualify on the next one you fly on
Qatar flying from Manchester is a huge advantage for us in the north west of the country so I can see them being my first port of enquiry, especially if their prices are as competitive in 12 months time.

Incidentally, can anyone tell me what the duty free shop prices are like at Doha ? I am looking to buy a Nikon DSLR and wondered how they compare to prices here. You can buy them at Dixons duty free shops here in the UK and save the VAT but they don't stock the model I want.
Dave
If they dont supply the Hotel,maybe you could book the Orynx Lounge,this used to be Qatar Airways Business Lounge and used to have semi sleeper chairs,worth a try.If you PM me I will check it out for you.

Thank-You qatarman. Will certainly get back to you if we book this one.
Hi Dave, here is the website for Doha duty free.
http://www.qatardutyfree.net/
There is an email address on the site where you could contact them to see if they stock the model you want.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.