Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
we are flying via doha to bangkok with qatar

the aircraft will be a 332 on the way there and a 343 on the way back

have anyone flown on these with qatar ?

do these aircraft have the personal video screens with on demand films etc ?

I know it seems an odd question but i want to know how much entertainment to bring with me for the long flight :D

thanks D x

EDIT: Merged with this existing 4 page Qatar Airways topic, which may provide some useful info.
David HT Mod
Qatar Airways site gives details on entertainment provided
http://www.qatarairways.com/

Check on Information and Sevices and select Entertainment

Sorry cant setup link correctly as forum won't let me

Theres a link on the page to the current entertainment offerings as well.
thats great !!

thanks sunbear , as helpful as ever :D
I have costed a holiday today which is using Qatar flights from Doha to Bali, any idea how long this flight will take?

Also does anyone know if you can pre book seat no's before travel?

many thanks, shirleyv
I've just booked a similar holiday to Bali, I've had a look at Qatars web page and they dont seem to have this facility, I'm flying to Mumbai with Emirates next month and got my seat booked already and was hoping to do the same with Qatar but it doesnt look like it Alan
shirley, i think it takes around 6 hours. not sure about booking seats. when are you going ?
You can prebook seats on Qatar Airways you have to call the Qatar Airways booking office (either London or Manchester )and request your seat number.
Flux.
You have films on demand on both the Aircraft you mention and seat back screens,also you will have a music choice,and some games ect.
Best Airline flying at the moment.
Has anyone used qatar airlines to bangkok. Have they decent leg room in economy and do they rate better than thai airways.
Hi ,
Never used Thai airways but went Qatar airways to Bangkok last year......plenty of legroom and couldn't fault it.
Pat
:glynis
Excellent airline. I would use them everytime over and above Thai.
When booking make sure connecting time at Doha longer than one hour, our flight from Gatwick delayed an hour, was told they will hold plane at Doha, arrived Doha plane gone, was told ''you dont think we will hold a plane for three people''
I counted fifty people, was given lunch vouchers and could'nt use them because restaurant packed, put us on a flight to Hong Kong and then on to Bangkok, travel time 24 hours, well done Quatar Airlines, lied to twice, filled in a complaint form and heard nothing from them, other than that plenty of leg room, :lol: so its hello Eva Airways this year on a non stop flight.
OOG has a very valid point. Why fly via the Middle East when you can get a direct flight.

I realise that direct BKK flights are from H'Row (and I went via AMS myself on the last trip :oops: ) but I'd rathger be delayed in the UK or Europe than in the Middle East - more chance of alternatives. If cost is a consideration then EVA usually comes in at a low price - bags of legroom and seatback entertainment.

Trailfinders have some EVA special prices at present - look them up.

Cheers

Peter
We booked Eva Airways through Airline Network hoping they will look after us better than Quater Air-lies did.
Heathrow is a pain as Gatwick much closer to home, never mind it's all a part of the holiday :D

http://www.airline-network.co.uk/
Having a break about half way through the journey though is good for a stretch of legs and change of air...good for us DVT sufferers. Also I've found it seems to decrease the effects of jet lag. Yet to use Qatar but they're on my list. Etihad are worth considering as well if the prices are keen.
:) i have flown to bangkok on both thai and qatar and i prefer qatar because you only fly for 6hrs then a break and then another 6hrs with thai its a straight 12 and i find that too uncomfortable also the last time i flew thai they turned the heat right up to make people sleep and i had to ask a stewardess if it was okay to take off my t-shirt and sit bare chested [its ok im male], as the sweat was running off me. my friend flew thai in november , he said it was ok but next time he is going to get a stopping flight.
Have you looked at emirates, they fly from gatwick , are usually cheaper than thai and you get a stop in dubai.
Thanks mac61 but were flying from manchester, gatwick is too far to travel , went to goa last year from gatwick, 6 of us in a mini bus , it took us 5hrs to get back home. Manchester is only about 1hr 15mins to 1hr 30 mins max. Thanks for your help.
We flew with Qatar in Dec and thought they were excellent. We were really well looked after. 1st leg to Doha appeared to have more leg room, but there was still plenty on the 2nd plane to Bangkok. We would definately fly with them again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.