Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi everyone!

1st time we went to Napa was on our honeymoon in 1995, and rate was 0.64 BUT we were only paying 0.70 - 0.80 for a bottle of Carlsberg and could eat out for £8 cyp for 2 of us. We have been going back twice a year since, and we may be getting 0.8 rate but bottle of carlsberg is now £1.60cy and meals are costing us £18cyp. We still love the place and don't mind paying the prices but it isn't a cheap destination anymore.
Agreed. I'm sure its more expensive than it was a few years ago - probably even since I last went in 2002.

Cheap - no it isnt.

Value for money, I'd still say defnitetly Yes.

Its still cheaper to buy most things than it is in the UK and you have the benefits of mostly friendly locals, a less hectic lifestyle, glorious summer weather and scenery to die for on your doorstep.
At present you can get .84 in the hotel .81,I am here in Napa at present and it is alot quieter this year than last,some of the bar on Nissi Ave only half full last night.
meals are costing us £18cyp

this works out at £22 , still pretty cheap for what you get , average restraunt bill for us if we go out doesnt leave much change from £50 over here so £22 seems like a bargain to me
I agree, compared to England eating out is cheaper, and the food is lovely, its just that in comparison to a few years ago Cyprus has become much more expensive.

Still go twice a year and have a great time! :D
16 days for me know ,we are really looking forward to eating out there especially the mrs , i go out there every year if i can but this is only the second time in cyprus for her , i tend not to eat in restraunts when im there with out her , romantic meals for 1 dont have the same apeal :lol:
Romantic meals for one are fine Martin, thats what I always have lol.

It must look bad when i'm in a restaurant in Protaras on my own when everyone else is coupled up but then I won't cook when i'm abroad so no choice really unless I starve. It's cheaper as well. cyp£7.50 for a steak meal does me.
arhhhhhhhhh cardiff.. you wont be on your own on the 28th will you?? :glynis
Your right there Hev, there will hopefully be 11 of us. I can't wait for that evening, it'll be great.
Your right there Hev, there will hopefully be 11 of us. I can't wait for that evening, it'll be great.

:glynis :D Have a great time, everybody who meets up........ :( I wish I was joining you all...........

Enjoy, anyway :wink:
You choose the wrong time to go Louise lol.
:roll: :? Tell me about It Ian...........
Proves a point as you keep missing Kezza as well lol.
i went out in 2004 on my own , a week with out the mrs and kids.... it was hell :lol: , i didnt tend to eat out as such , used to get take aways and eat on the balcony with a book or the paper ,
It doesn't bother me going out on my own, you get used to it to be honest. I have got friends there so I suppose that makes it easier.

I go to a restaurant every night but then I don't over here so it's nice to have someone cook for me.

God I must sound like a right sad act, i'm not honestly lol. :lol:
:D Not at all Ian......... thats what Holidays are all about.........

Taking it easy, not cooking........ and enjoying yourself :wink: :D
Wish I was there too, may next visit for me :( hope you all have great time!
Cyprus is definately expensive compared to other resorts/locations.

We went to Agia Napa in Jul/Aug for two weeks.

Stayed at The Grecian Bay.

Having been before we knew the best places to eat /drink/entertainment etc.

So when we went again we went back to the same places.

Limelight, Sage, Strawberries, Seahorse Karaoke, Bedrocks in the square,

(The Reggae bar opposite charging £10 for the Sheesha was definately a rip off though)!!

found a decent bar for Big Brother for the missus

All without worrying about how much.

I'm not well off,
but when i go away for my two week break i want to enjoy it

and not have to worry about walking 2 miles from my hotel to get a cheap meal or a pint.

It seems you can get there and stay on a budget but to eat and drink

might be a problem if you are there to moan and compare prices..

You're on holiday.

Worry about the cost when you get back!

Or go to Skegness!!!

No offence..
£1.50 for a pint of beer, looking at the sun going down over the sea, just where in the UK can you do this in a pub? eat a massive meal of good local food for twenty £'s for two, not when I last went back to the UK..and I had to keep looking over my shoulder on the walk back.

Of course it is not as cheap as it was ten years back but then again where is? we are now in the EU so you have to pay for the privilege, I tell you one thing I live here on half the money I would need back in the UK and that is a fact..and it is safer less crime and the climate is just a tad better than northern Europe. wild horses could not get me back to the UK. :D
And to answer the original question tourism is down again this year and not just in A/Nap, it is Island wide the fall off..why who knows but it is not prices maybe flight charges.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.