Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Grabthatcab come highly recommended.

Mark
Hi Deb.Just got back from Protaras 30 mins ago. Used grab that cab. It cost 50 euros each way and took about 40-45 mins. Suenick.
Hi there,

I am going to Pahos later in October and need airport transfers to Louis Imperial for 3. From recommendations of this site I have e-mailed GrabaCab for a quote for a return airport transfer. They have quoted 27 euros.

What do you think? Do you think it will be better and cheaper to book this in advance, or will it be cheaper and better to get while there. I understand taxis are easy to locate from leaving the airport terminal, but when I am at the hotel and want a return transfer, I might get "stuck" with hotel recommendations.

Thank you.
I would stick with GrabthatCab. Great service and never let you down
Trev
Thanks for the confirmation Shoestring, I will go ahead and book.
Hi All

Just got back from a week in Protaras and after recommendations from the fantastic people that use this site, booked a taxi from and to Larnaca airport via Grabthatcab. Just want to confirmt to everyone that this company is highly recommended. Great service, prompt, professional, friendly drivers, we would definately use them again.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply to my initial enquiry.

Deb
We have to fly in to Larnaca, then make our way to Coral Bay. Taxis look quite expensive, we thought it may be better to hire a car at the airport for the week. Has any one done this, and about how much should I expect to pay.
Welcome to the forums briar dog. If you are referring to self drive car hire, rather than Airport Transfers & Taxis, then please click HERE for our Car Hire Q&As topic.

David :wave
Thanks David, still finding my way around!!!!!!!!
Hi Does anyone know if it is worth booking a cab before arrival or just get one at the airport? I have looked at Grab that Cab and the cost from Paphos to Coral bay is 47-48 euro's pre book. Thanks!
We have a coach transfer from Paphos to Latchi, any ideas how long it will take and what are the roads like (may have to take a travel tablet)
Have asked grabacab for a quote from Larnaca to Limassol tourist area - they have quoted E98 for return.

Have been stung in the past, paying over the odds for a pre-booked taxi, when the ones sitting outside the airport have been cheaper.

Does anyone know how much the ones at the actual airport cost for the same journey?

Thanks
Mr John took care of our transfers in Sept 08 from Larnaca to Protaras.

He charged 150 Euro's for the transport of 4 adults and 2 children to our villa at St Elias.

Not a bad deal in all honesty - he was friendly and offered us alot of good hints and tips to help us during our stay. ;)
We picked up a taxi from Larnaca airport last June going to Protaras and paid about 50 Euro's one way, although we weren't really happy with what happened on the journey, we left the airport and he started taking us into Larnaca (having done the same journey for the last yeh many years) I knew he was taking us the wrong way.
He then pulled up outside a house, explaining to us that he needed to pick his daughter up from dancing and his cousin would take us the rest of the way, in just a normal car, not a taxi!.... we really didn't have a choice and we really were in the middle of no-where..... quiet a frightening experience.....
I got a taxi from Larnaca into Protaras, it was a couple of years ago though.

I booked on Travel Republic for a shuttle transfer which cost about £30.

When you get there you just leave the terminal building and there is a large board with lots of names on, i went to the person next to the board and he took my bags and put me in a taxi, even though i booked a shuttle i ended up with a private taxi straight to my Hotel, so well worth the £30 i think.

Im also going to book on Travel Republic today for my transfer in Crete next week so ill let you know if thats just as good.
Taxi from Larnaca - Protaras this June was €63 one way, we always get one but this year got the coach instead.On the way back we were 2nd to last pick up and were at the airport in 45 mins, same as a coach and included in the package.
:wave:

Can anyone tell me how much a taxi would be from Paphos airport to appartments at Superior Court { a 10 minute walk from the main Kato Paphos tourist area} please. We have never been to Cyprus before and don't want to be ripped off :rofl

thank you
chazy
How long in a cab from Larnaca Airport to Nicosia and from Paphos Airport to Nicosia?
Hi, has anyone heard of acropolis-transport? They seem to have a good price from Larnaca to Ayia Napa - €49 each way for 3 of us in June.
Has anyone used them or had any experience of them. We booked with Direct Hols and they offer taxis for £120 rtn but dont allow them for our hoiliday for some strange reason.
Thanks in advance.
Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.