Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
We enjoyed all the restraunts in El Golfo particulary the Bougavante. We bit pricey but the sea food paella was amazing and the service was brilliant.

karen
:whoops Don't laugh at this or think we are sad. One of the best lunctime meals we had was in the Ikea store restraunt in Arrecife. The meatballs were out of this world and the prices were very good too. We didn't go into the store to browse we had already heard about the food and had to try it.

Willie
Ah Willie... I won't laugh at you... I'll laugh with you. Shortly after we moved here, we did the "Ikea" run... and had a great lunch there.

Stand up and be proud! We could set up an Ikea users support group. "My name is Elle, and I enjoyed my Ikea lunch" *cue group applause*

Elle xx
Lol Pippy. You in our support group too?
:rofl
Just putting a DVD on now... and pouring the vino - nunitey all!
Elle xx
Just back from Playa Blanca and didn't have one meal I would say was disappointing. However, if I were recommending restaurants in particular, I would go for Casa Pedro and El Veradero, both on the front.

Casa Pedro was particularly good and we ate there twice. Even in late January, when the resort was relatively quiet, it was necessary to book in advance to be sure of a table, so I'm obviously not the only one who liked it.

At El Golfo we ate in Lago Verde and, once again the food was excellent - as was the service. I (foolishly) asked the waitress for a menu and she replied, in a friendly tone, "I am the menu". They have no menu because they only serve whatever has been caught fresh that morning, and that is good to know with seafood.
Glad you had some good meals Jay Jay!

Elle, have to add me to the Ikea Club please! I was in there for lunch on Tuesday as I needed stuff. But Thursday I actually went there on purpose purely for lunch!!!!!!! :cheers
Glad you enjoyed our town Jay Jay! And yes, that's normal in El Golfo.
Lol Sue - it's all coming out now!
;)
Elle xx
Elle and Sue

At least you two have a good reason for going to Ikea restraunt, We were only on a two week holiday, and what's more we were ALL INCLUSIVE at The Peurto Tahiche:rofl

Willie
On Thursday when I was there, it was also full of guests from the cruise ships in the port, who had attempted to walk into Arrecife and just given up!!! :(
Lol madsue.

Have a good time Good Queen Bess.

I just typed out a mouthwatering description of my breakfast yesterday - courtesy of Mike and Emma at Emma's Cantina Mexicana in the Old Town - then my conection went, and I lost the lot.

Anyway... Huevos Rancheros (Ranch Eggs). Fantastic! Try them! he doesn't open during the day usually, but they're on his starters list anyway.

Corned beef hash for dinner tonight - doesn't quite compare really.
:(
Elle xx
Arriving in PDC this Sunday. I have heard pretty good reports about the food in The Grapevine.Does anybody know the place.Our problem is that we will have our grandson (aged 3 months) in a pushchair and wonder if the place is big enough to accomodate us (4 adults + baby). I expect this might be a problem in quite a few restaurants. Thanks
Just back from PDC Weather superb.Apartment brilliant.Food great. Best brekkie, we voted Bottles,although service not the quickest. Best lunch/snack we voted The Irish Viking,superb chips. Best restaurant,difficult really, The food in The Grapevine was very good , but Gary the owner by his own admission is a nutter. The restaurant below Bourbon Street seems to be British run and we had 2 superb meals there,it overlooks the harbour in the old town. My wife had a lamb shank and she said it was brill.The Puerta Bahia was also excellent and very nice staff and the red painted restaurant overlooking the fishing dock had good food and a pleasant ambience.
Also ate at the Top Gun,food very good but a bit more bar like. The Galleon brekkie was good and so was the Toby Inn but the waitress was doing us a favour,serving us and so we didnt go back.
Forgot to mention The Bodega,where we had our last dinner, very deceptive from the street,the inside is massive. Best toilets by far ,and the food was very good,but most of our other restaurants were a match for it.I found it a tad impersonnal and did not enjoy it as much as I should have.
We just got back a few days ago from PDC too.

Monmatre is a French Restaurant there, and it was excellent and authentic with dishes such as escargo and bouerf bouginoine, plus various French regional wines, which made a change from the usual Spanish wines which are served everywhere else. The service was excellent too
Just back from PDC...
Our best meal was in Emma's Cantina - visited there previously in Nov and it was just as good this time!
Also had a lovely lunch in El Tomate Puerto Calero
Very disappointed by Russells - waited an hour and a half from starters to get the mains, lots of other small issues which added up to a poor experience. Also disappointed by Bodecos - potato wedges that weren't properly cooked, mix up with main course order and even though when we booked we specified that we were bringing a buggy we were put upstairs - which was no mean feat to get the buggy up there!
We went in El Tomate too (which was next to Monmatre). Very nice. I had a seafood spagetti, and it was HUGE!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.