Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We are flying from there (to Prague) at the end of this month. really looking forward to it.

I see the airport's web-site is promoting the airport as a tourist attraction. It's saying that quite a few people are going there just for a look-round and to have a meal or a drink.
HI for @ people travelling back in to doncaster ,just as cheap to take a taxi to railway staion than that bus, cheers maxie :D :D :D
As I had a few hours to spare, I have just done a "dummy run" to the airport prior to us flying from there at the end of this month. I can confirm that the signposting is now very good.

Driving north up the A1, the first sign you see is just before the roundabout at Blyth . This directs you onto the A614 through Bawtry. There are then plenty of signs at each junction on the route right to the airport. It just so happened that the A638 north of Bawtry was blocked this morning because of a fire . We had to divert through Austerfield, but even on this secondary route there were signs to the airport

I have just bought a new AA road atlas and it does show Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport .
New Ryanair routes

Pisa commences Friday 15 September
Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun Arrives 08:10 - Departs 08:35

Girona commences Tuesday 31 October
Tue, Thur, Sat Arrives 19:30 - Departs 19:55
Thomas Cook have put some new flights on sale for Summer 2007 from Doncaster.

They will be Majorca, Tenerife and Gran Canaria.

These are in addition to Naples, Monastir and Dalaman which operated this year and last year.
Thomsons now have a Sunday flight to Larnaca new for 2007 good times as well dept at 08-10,really good only 24mls to travel
does anyone know if there will be any flights to Lanzarote from Donny...they do all the other canary islands. Lanza is my fave destination and it would be brill if i could fly from Donny as it is only 14 miles away from my house...great airport to fly from..
I'm afraid you're out of luck. I have just checked on the airport's website and Lanzarote is not listed. Here is the website:-

http://www.robinhoodairport.com/index.php
Does Donny have Airbridges or is it outside in the rain as EMA.
No air-bridges at the airport, but the planes are usually parked just a few yards from the gates. In some ways I prefer steps. There are usually two of them, which means that boarding and leaving the plane is quicker than with just one air-bridge.
I love this airport! Everything is so compact. The car parking is right next to the terminal too. A much less stressful start to any journey. :)
very unstressful for us since it takes us about 15/20 mins to get there from our house. I really wouldn't want to fly from anywhere else ( oh yeah and i had a job there too last summer and some of the staff i worked with are great)

One question tho..has anyone noticed that if you are booking through thomsons, it says in the small print that any bookings/flights from Donny, Bournemouth or Coventry are not covered by ATOL..check the small print at the bottom on their web site..does anyone know why this is? It seems rather strange to me...
If you look on the diy section there`s a thread about caa warning against atol cover
thanks for that christine...
i just looked it up and all the info was if i was booking a DIY holiday with all flights/accomodation etc separate. This is actually a full package holiday via Thomsons, however, i have just read that it may be because it is Thomsonfly, it's own budget cost airline and they only operate out of those 3 airports. I am not sure how true that is..but this only adds further to my confusion...
Hi val and rob ... ATOL is a protection scheme for flights and/or air holidays which are booked through an ATOL bonded tour operator. It does not cover 'flight only' bookings which are made directly with an airline. More on ATOL protection can be found HERE.

David :wave
so we would be covered booking a package holiday through thomsons but flying from Donny? if that is the case then i am either completely thick or the info in the small print at the bottom of the thomsons webpage is misleading...thanks for all info everyone..
My interpretation would be that a flight reservation or package holiday booked through Thomson Holidays would have full ATOL protection, but that a 'flight only' booking made direct with the no-frills airline operation of the TUI group would not be protected.

David :wave
i read somehwere that ryan air are going to introduce flights to barcelona from Donny..is this true and does anyone have a clue when...?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.