Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
And, of course, Katowice is only a relatively short bus ride from Krakow. That service will be very popular with the many hard-working Polish people who are living and working here in Newark.
there are a number of polish people here in Retford too and i am sure it will be a great facility for them too...Donny airpot is just getting better and better. I can't wait for the barcelona flights to start....
val and rob, The flights to Barcelona start in September. One word of caution though. As is the case with many Ryanair flights . They are not actually flying to Barcelona but to Girona . Another instance of that airline's peculiar view of geography . I think there is a bus link from Girona airport to both downtown Barcelona and the to the Costa Brava resorts.
Ryanair from Robinhood

Pisa Route starts 15 September 2006

Barcelona (Girona) Route starts 31 October 2006
I stand corrected on the start date. It looks as though there are three flights a week. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The outward timing isn't the best . Arriving in Girona at 23.10. Coming back isn't so bad, take off 18.05 , arrive back at Doncaster 19.30.

I wonder if that shuttle bus at the Spanish end is still operating at that time of night ?
hmmm.. little bit disappointing to find it is not actually Barcelona but rather Girona. Flights to Girona have been operating for some time now from Donny ( even when i worked there) it was once a week and usually dreadful times..but i can't remember if it was Ryanair that did it or Thomsonfly/Brittannia.
It is ThomsonFly to Girona. Its expected that 1.25 Million pax will pass through the airport this year - not bad at all for first full year of operation. Further, it is expected that Thomsonfly will base a B767 at the airfield during the summer and marketing is underway to provide -at least in principle - a potential for transatlantic and possible other haul destinations from this airport. Could be some interesting times ahead for local travellers.

Nivsy
I hate to disagree but it is Ryanair who are planning scheduled flights to Girona , three times a week. Thomson only go there once a week. I think that is a charter flight and ceases in September.

It is interesting to note that Thomson spell it Gerona and not Girona on their website.
OOOPS! No i meant its ThompsonFly who currently fly to Girona.
Flew from Donny for the first time last week. Good parts were
It is only 7 minutes from my house. :D
Not ripped off for food :D
Not ripped off for taxis :)
A charter flight that actually left and arrived on time both ways :D
Bad point was the walk back in the wind and rain to the terminal building :x
Some of the flight prices seem significantly higher than for other regional airports :x
yes it is windy on the airside bit back to the terminal..
prices are higher..up to £50 supplement on some flights. I was told my someone that it is because of the flight paths they have to take..(i don't know what that means) but i was told all flights head in the manchester direction and then take the routes that flights from manchester take as there are no flight paths from Donny..that truly confused me and if anyone can explain that it would be brill.

You live even closer than us Sallymk...we live 12 miles away and it takes us about 15 mins/20 mins to get there...

Shame there are not more shops though eh?
Val and Rob. I can actually see the terminal building from my bedroom window. I was actually thinking about setting up an off airport parking business.
I can't believe your source's explanation for flight costs is to do with distance and flight paths as flights from Glasgow are cheaper to the med than from Donny and I know they have to fly alot further. They may be right but like you I don't understand why. It may be due to flight crews and working hours or just the carriers believe they can sell the flights at an inflated price. I believe as the place becomes busier then flight prices will fall.
Not too bothered about lack of shops as I hate spending money.
Val & Rob

re the cost of air fares, you are right,Donny must be the most expensive `low cost` flights in the country,although there are the odd special offers.Flight routing makes little or no difference especially when Thomsonfly are virtually the only operators there and they are getting landing and parking fees for peanuts!!
Sadly it looks like the good old british `What the market will pay`syndrome....However if enough people avoid them,they will soon get the message...
When i worked there, i seem to remember flight crew being fetched up or driven back to Luton on a very nice posh coach...even though Brittania have offices on site, there were very rarely ever any staff in them apart from one usually on standby..

Thomsons pretty much have the monopoly on Doncaster, apart from a couple of thomas cook flights to Turkey and of course the Ryanair flights.. so really i guess they can charge what they want and people will pay it probably for the convenience of departing from an airport near to home.

As a local, i was very pleased when the airport was built as i think it is great for the local economy and it is great to fly from an airport right on your doorstep. Rob will now not fly from anywhere else and i must say, i am inclined to feel the same as it is nice not to have to be driving for a couple of hours before you check in.

Hopefully, there will be more flights, more operaters and hopefully the airport will grow from strength to strength...
does anyone know the promotin code for parking thanks sandi
Hi, I`ve just got a quote of £61.20 for 15 days, saving £10.80 from http://www.parkbcp.co.uk using prom code BN221
Thomsonfly are to start flights this winter to Plovdiv in Bulgaria (Thomson online Ski brochure).

Also http://www.air-scotland.com are to start weekly flights to Girona from next month.
Just had an email from the airport saying that Flybe have announced a service to Belfast City. Route commences on 29th October and runs twice Monday to Friday and daily on Saturdays.
Hi Guys

We fly out to Palma from Doncaster on Saturday and I was wondering how strict they were being regarding the size of hand luggage.

They are saying the size must be 45x35x16cm and my normal hand luggage bag is slightly larger. It is a small sports bag.

Do you think I would be OK or should I use a different bag.

Also what shops are available once through security at Doncaster will I be able to buy toiletries such as body spray and lippy?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers
Vicky
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.