Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Back last night from Costa del sol.

Outbound check in went well as we arrived 3 hours before and waited until the desks opened (2.5 hours before). I wouldn`t have wanted to have been further back in the queue as it would have been as Sanji described. I think that a small airport like Doncaster needs to get thier check in desks open earlier to avoid queues.

Return to Doncaster, again no hick ups until we went to pick up our car. We had pre paid our parking with holiday extras but had a parking charge notice attached to our car. The airport security let us out of the car park but wouldn`t sort anything out for us, they said it was a private company. It states on the ticket that we had parked in the car hire site. On arrival at Doncaster there was no notice displayed anywhere sectioning off different areas to the car park. The holiday exras confirmation did not state an area to park in. We parked in area e. So beware if parking at Doncaster.I have phoned holiday extras and they say I have to take it up with the private company. I can`t understand how a private company can opperate within an airport long stay car park.The charges have to be paid for within 7 days but no phone line available until Monday and I am sure that it will not be a number where I get anything sorted from.How can I pay twice for my airport parking.
Arrived back into Doncaster this afternoon from Gerona. First time in many flights to/from Doncaster that the queues at passport control were short, through in minutes. Also baggage arrived very quickly. Happened to have a similar experience to Sanji, customs officers out in force. Only carrying a small holdall and customs wanted to scan it in their flash machine, only a few hundred cigs in it so no problem. What got me is the guy scanned the bag, had a pic of it and asked me what was in it! They were stopping quite a few people and seemed to be taking anyone with a little more than they thought was reasonable off for questioning.
This seems to be a common thing now I had the same when arriving at Manchester from Qatar in March,
the "are you travelling alone Sir" "where have you come from Sir""how long were you there Sir" "how many cigs in your case Sir",None,please it put on on the scanner,ok you can go.Takes me all of 10mins to get into Qatar,45mins to get into the Uk. Makes you feel your not welcome in the country of your birth.
Well I am not happy with Robin Hood, I have emailed them for information about there car park and they have not bothered to reply. I can`t get in touch with anyone by phone as I need an extention number to speak to someone. The number for the airport parking goes to a booking agent. Holiday extras havn`t replied to my email either.I am so cross as the time is running out for me to pay the extra charges for parking in a car park I had already paid to park in.
Have you tried all of these numbers....

01302 625546
01302 625005
01302 625111
Management Suite: 01302 801010

Also, I made a complaint in 2007 (not parking related) and received a response from a XXXXXX whose title was Passenger Controller. The headed paper stated Penauille Servisair rather than the airport, and didn't have any phone numbers (convenient or what!!), but it may help to phone the above numbers and ask to speak to him.

Louise
  • Edited by David 2009-05-06 18:02:22
    Personal name removed, as it may be inappropriate to name someone publicly who may not be involved in such issues.
Thanks Louise I will try these numbers tomorow. I am reluctant to pay again for something I have already paid for. I can`t even find out if the charges are correct and if we had parked in the wrong place. I am also relucclant to pay as it could be a scam.
I tried numbers today, none of them got me through to Robin Hood. Thanks Louise,it seems that they change their telephone numbers on a regular basis.
If you want to buy anything from them you can get through but where is the customer service after you have flown with them. I thought with the cedit crunch they would be happy to have good customer service, perhaps they are not that bothered.

Looks like I will have to fly from other airports in the future.
Hi Christine,

I was once over charged for parking and just wrote to the customer service manager at the airport and within a couple of weeks had a reply and a refund, this was after trying to get it sorted over the phone without success.
Hello

Does anyone know if the Spar/WH Smith shops are open early morning? We fly at 6am so will be there pretty early, wanted to buy my 2 year old some drinks for the flight. None alcoholic I might add!

Thanks

ktbeevs
Flown early morning before from Robin Hood and Whs was open. They are moving it next to the Wetherspoons bar.

Scott was your overcharge from the machine in the airport ? Ours is supposedly a separte company that we have to pay as well as the prepaid parking we have paid for. It will have cost us £80 to park for 1 week a it steep I think.
Christine
Who is the company that is operating/charging you for parking at Donny.?
Have you got any name at all ?
I've never parked my car there, so can you give me a few more details and maybe we can find a contact for you. Did you pay for the parking in a package holiday...sorry if dumb questions, but no way should you pay twice.
If you pay the company operating at Donny, then the TO should reimburse you...well, that's what I think.!
Sanji, I pre booked and pre paid for parking with Holiday extras. I entered the car park as they instucted and found a parking space. It was 11am and there weren`t many spaces left. Which i think is totaly unacceptable. We never noticed any signs saying no parking and we didn`t go through a separated barrier.

On our return we had a parking charge notice issued from Passenger transport solutions stating that we had parked in the car hire site the charge is £50 if we pay within 28 days and £70 before 42 days. This is on top of the prepaid parking we have already paid for. The security wouldn`t sort anything out for us at the airport and I have been unable to speak to anyone at the airport. The telephone number of company charging us is a cc holine.

I am so cross as Holiday Extras aren`t even resonding to my email and Robin Hood Haven`t resonded to my email either. I realy don`t want to pay this as it could be a bogus company. I am also scarred not to pay as I don`t want court action.
Just a warning to anyone parking at Robin Hood. The car park gets very full if you are flying in the afternoon. We strugled to find a parking place and the one we did find( unknow to us) was in an area that belonged to the car hire section. We ended up paying £80 for 8 days parking.

If you do have to park there avoid parking in section E at the back as this is the area. I can honestly say that when we parked and upon our return we never saw any signs stating it was a restricted area.

The customer service from Robin Hood is none existant, no one would help us or advise us that the charge was correct and the company issuing it were employed by Robin Hood. I have sent emails, letters and tried to speak to someone on the phone but have had no resonse what so ever.

Don`t pre pay for your parking with Holiday extras as they have been no help and still insist that their arrival instuctions are correct and that they don`t need to warn their customers of a restricted area in the airport car park.

We won`t fly from Robin Hood again due to the upset it has caused us.
well, we have just used this airport for the 3rd time, and loved it, straight into check in, lovely staff, not over crowded....

but....we took drinks with us on our journey to the airport.....and forgot to bin them BEFORE security......didnt realise we still had them until we were sat on the plane :yikes

and no one on security or x ray picked up that we each had a drink in our hand luggage........
Reading a couple of posts about the parking, we are thinking of booking direct with the airport, cost of this has come up at £31 with online discount, does anyone know if you are guaranteed a parking slot ? We will be arriving on a Friday evening 18th September - busy at that time ?
Cheers for any help.
Spike.
There`s no guarantee on parking as it`s a first come first served. We have parked three times now the first two times we had an early morning flight and we did arrive 3 hours before take off.We didn`t encounter any problems.

The third time was a shambles it was lunch time and the car park was full and it took us ages to find a spot, in fact unknown to us it was a restricted area and we ended up with a parking fine which cost us in total £80 to park for 8 days. The airport refussed to acknowledge our complaint, I tried by email and letter and had no response. In fact I am so dissgusted with them that I won`t ever fly from Doncaster again.

I hope you have better luck, if you do park don`t park at the back and if you get a fine don`t pay it as I have since found out that they can`t do anything if you don`t pay.I looked at the Ramada hotel with free parking, I wish I had done this option as it would have saed me a lot of upset.
Thanks for that, I did read your report and am now worried at not getting a place (or in the wrong one). We are 3 couples all arriving at the same time, around 5pm so could be a nightmare! Do you know of any airport parking companies around the area with a shuttle service ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.