Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Hi there

Can anyone please advise approximately how much a taxi would be from Ciampino airport to the spanish steps (that's where our hotel is situated) and are they readily available at the airport?

Thanks for all your help
Nikki
Nikki, I note you have not yet had a reply so will try to help. In nov we did it the other way ie Rome htl to Ciampino (had arrived by different route). Our htl had a fixed deal for taxi to Ciampino for 46 euros, so assume it should be similar the other way. Our taxi was very good & on time etc. You can reserch on the web for a bus to nearest metro station & that line takes you straight through to spanish steps area but beware pickpockets on metro, they are very efficient!!!!!
Hi Nicki,

We used Rome Shuttle Limousines, who do a €35 transfer from Ciampino to any Rome hotel. We reserved on their website romeshuttlelimousine.com then sent a confirmation email the day before.

When we got to Arrivals the driver was waiting with our name on a board. He helped us with our bags and we enjoyed a swift journey in a pleasant vehicle, which we only paid for once we'd got to our hotel. We were well impressed and thought it was well worth the money.

The Terravision coach transfer is €8 each, but longer, and you have to get to Spanish Steps from Termini. We used this going back to airport.

Taxis charge extra for luggage, late nights, bank holidays, etc, and that's without any unofficial extra charges which slip on! There seemed to be plenty when we arrived if that's what you'd prefer.

Hope this helps, and hope you have a great break.
hi

i am staying at the astoria garden in rome ..apparently it is 5 mins walk from the main railway station which begins with T.

anyone know what bus to use to get to the main station and how much i t costs

thanks
the station is termini station, if you want to take a bus then you need to catch the terravision bus which will drop you by the station, prices at the moment are 8.00 euro single and 14.00 euro return per person. Children half price.
Hope this helps.
We used romeshuttlelimousine.com for 35euro each way as we weren't very near Termini.
We are staying in St Peter's at the Crowne Plaza next week, what is the easiest / quickest / cheapest way of getting there from Ciampino airport

Steve
Well you could take my friends offer up :lol:
click on here! depending on how many many you have in your party it can be quite cost affective and does make life alot easier.
Ciampino is not currently the best connected airport in the world. it really is a case of either getting a taxi, (honestly you may as well book my mate its the same price nowdays) or take the bus which i have mentioned earlier in this thread. that is it :?
Chris

Where romeshuttle ok? Had a quote from them and seem very reasonable

Steve
Yes, they were excellent. Driver was waiting for us with our names on arrival (and we were early). On our return again, the driver was punctual picking us up. Mercedes on our return and a mini-van type on our arrival, so plenty of room if there are more than 2 of you. Can't go wrong for 35 euros.
Hi not sure which is cheapest and hassle free, train from the airport ( have travelled on the trains in italy before) knowing that the station at riva is only small, package hol with transfer, or private transfer.
Not sure what part of Italy you are going to. When we visited Rome we used this service which I would highly recommend.

Sarah
For Ciampino - Rome then try sending an email to romeshuttlelimousine.com Excellent service and they only charge 35euros. They also reply promptly to requests.
What is recommended choice - direct taxi from airport or get shuttle bus to termini and than a taxi ?
If direct taxi - are there any recommended that are reliable and reasonable price
thanks
We used romeshuttlelimousine.com. Excellent service, punctual and only 35 euros each way.
I can personally recommend the service that Jessop has mentioned. We used it on our visit to Rome and it was worth every penny, excellent service, no hassle, no worries, nice clean, comfortable transport with a polite helpful driver. Made a great start and end to a special holiday in Rome.

Sarah
Are the taxis now a flat rate of 30 euros ??
Yes, but how easily available they are I don't know.
If you are talking about a normal taxi then no they are definatly not at a flat rate of 30 euros!
the normal price for a taxi is around 40-50 euros depending on how much luggage you are taking (most taxis will charge you for luggage) the prices rise each year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.