Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
New laws were brought in around last Oct/Nov. The flat rate is 30 euros from Ciampino and I think 40 euros from the other airport Fiumcino(sp).
Hi chris can you point me in the right direction as regards info on this?
Ive looked on the official website and they are quoting 40 euros not including baggage which is extra.
LOOK HERE
Sorry that does include luggage my mistake. Also according to the aeroporto di roma site it is actually 60 euros as standard from fiumucino (the other airport)
I no longer have the link but if you search on tripadvisor forums someone posted it several times back about Oct/Nov. I think the link was Roma di Comune. But adr.it also quotes 30 euros from Ciampino to Rome centre.
which hotel are you staying at?

If you are staying privately then most hotels have a taxi firm who they work with and some hotels will even pay for you one way.

Last time there was 6 of us and we paid 60 euros which was great value, but if there is only two of you i would get the coach!!!
We used the Terrorvision bus from Ciampino... well worht the small price.
We used romeshuttlelimousine.com. They were great. Only 35 euros for transfer from fiumucino to our hotel near the Vatican. Our flight was delayed 4 hours, but the driver was still there waiting. Quick and easy transfers - no hassle, transport was clean and comfortable.
According to latest reports in the media, the fleet of coaches used to operate Terravision's airport transfer service in Rome has been impounded by police, due to alleged problems related to its operating licence. Passengers were reportedly left stranded at the airport or in the city centre, in some cases being ordered off coaches and missing their flights.

Anyone holding transfer bookings in Rome with Terravision in the immediate future should perhaps make enquiries with the company, while they try to resolve the situation with Italian authorities.

David :wave
I am travelling to Rome next Friday for the weekend. I fly into Ciampino. The last time I was there a few years ago we got the bus from the airport to Ciampino train station and then the train to Termini. However, I'm wondering what the best option is this time.

There will be 4 of us and we are staying in a hotel near Roma Termini. Should we get the bus/ bus and train/ or order a taxi?

The taxi sounds appealing as we need to get to our hotel quickly. However, what does it cost? We will only be carrying small back packs and no luggage.
I was in Rome a couple of years ago and had a terrible experience with Rome Taxis.

On arrival at the airport, two of us got charged 60 euros to a central hotel. In additon we had to pay 10 euros per piece of luggage.

I would recommend you use a pre booked transfer if at all possible.
I will be in Rome on the 8th October and need to transfer to the Port at Civitvecchia? Spelling? I want to do a taxi or a shuttle transfer and wonder if anyone has any up to date information on these.
Airport Shuttle can do for 110 or 210 for each way transfer.
Airport shuttle.com it. apparently recently left someone at the Airport for over an hour and then transferred all around Rome etc.
Taxi seems to be around 130 - 150 each way so expensive.

Any advice would be appreciated

Sue
Sue

If you contact jessop, he has a friend who does transfers and should be able to get you a price. There is a special rate for HT members.

luci :wave
We used these people who were recommended on TA http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/
They were Very reliable .
Thanks for the advice. Will follow up on it.

Sue
Thanks for the replies to my request for information. In the end I am using San Giorgio Hotel at Civitevecchia for the transfer. I was booking a taxi to the Ship following my B&B there for the 9th October. They then asked if I wanted to do the Airport transfer. I told them that at 150 euro single it was too expensive but were it less so then I would be interested. I received an email informing me that the Hotel Manager (Owner) had decided to offer me the transfer for a reduced rate of 125 euro. I was happy enough to book this as other than a shuttle transfer at 110 his price was now the most favourable. I also booked for the return journey and they will pick me up from the Ship when I return after my cruise. The transfer will be back to the Airport.

I am happy enough with this arrangement.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.