Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Janet :wave

No I haven't stayed at any of the others. It was a couple of our friends who recommened the Marina hotel chain to us, they have stayed in a few of them in Majorca and have said that they are all really very good.

When we were there we were speaking to some other guests and they said the same thing, in fact they go a few times a year to Majorca and only stay in Marina hotels now.

Graham

Ps Try to see if you can get a sea or pool view room, apart from the view you will also get the sun on your balcony for most of the day.
:lol: thanks graham i have asked for a sea view room so we will see if we get one :lol: janet
The MARINA Hotels chain are to be recommended, first class in every aspect.

We booked a last minute week at the Rey Don Jaime in Santa Ponsa in October 2005, at random from Thomas Cook brochure.

Over many many years we've travelled all across the Med. tourist resorts staying at 3 Star grade hotels - this establishment was beyond any criticism. we were so impressed.

Clean, comfortable, nice pools (one indoors), well organised activities for those so inclined and excellent quality/comprehensive choice of buffet meals - and good evening entertainment from decent professional acts, none of your 'singalong' karaoke nonsense - and the staff could'nt do enough to help.

We were so pleased we joined their fidelity (loyalty) card clientele and went to the Marina Luz, near Palma last October, booking direct and making separate flight arrangements. Again, no complaints.

This year they are offering 25% discount to mark their 25th anniversary, so we are heading back to Santa Ponsa.

Looking to visit others in the chain - as long as we miss the school holiday periods at their "family friendly" hotels !!!

I only wished I had ffound this chain earlier in life !!!
:lol: My husband would like to know if you a need to were long trousers, while having your evening meal
:lol: Janet
Hi Janet

Smart casual shorts or 3/4 length trousers are fine for dinner.

Graham
:o thanks graham for the advise my husband will be happy at that he does not like wering long trousers when its hot :lol: janet
:o hi can you tell me if you after were a wristband some all inclusive you stay in do not after :lol: janet
Yes :( a wristband is worn at the Marina Skorpios and Corfu.
Hi everyone just registered :D Myself and my wife are heading for The Corfu Marina at the end of May, sounds a good hotel, done All Inclusive a few times and so far all been very good :D Can anyone tell me do you get beer served in glasses or in plastic cups? Also is there a shaded area to sit during the day?
We are also going as a family at the end of May and are really looking forward to it. All reviews sound good...
Hi Colin :wave

Drinks are served in plastic cups during the day, glass at night.
You will find shady areas over looking the beach and bay at the Skorpios.

Graham
Thanks for that Graham :) think the ides of plastic cups during the day and glasses at night is a good idea. We stayed All Inclusive at Don Pedro Cala San Vicente last two years and they had glasses on the terrace day and night, problem was that people were on the terrace in barefeet during the day and quite a few glasses got broken :shock: so makes sense I supose.

Also Graham can you tell me, are there drinks dispensers in the dinning room at meal times? We are due to arrive mid morning 29th May :)
Hi Colin

Yes there are drinks dispensers in the dining rooms, you can get soft drinks and also lager and wine. The red wine was OK but you have to let it warm up as it is very cold when just out the machine.

Graham
:lol: hi could you tell me if the swimming pools are deep :lol: janet
Hi Janet

The small pool at the Corfu is about five and a half feet deep (and very cold) at the deepest part the main pool is about the same depth at the deepest point but it is much larger with a shallow end and child section.

Graham
Janet we are going on the 29th May so I will let you know how we found the hotel :) by all accounts it sounds a good hotel and good value :D
:lol: hi thanks hope you have a good holiday nice time of year to go in may/ june we always went at that time of year and had very good weather :lol: janet
We booked with x l and used our tesco clubcard points (£80) to get £320 off the price and ended up paying £236 each for me and the wife at the end of May for a weeks holiday :D Anyone else used tesco clubcard points?
I stayed at the Skorpios in Aug 2005.
I was told to email the hotel a few weeks before going to request a room with a sea view. We got a room a the top near the end which looks directly out over the cove which was great.
I can't remember the hotels email address, I think I got it off the Marina website. It's worth doing to get the views.
We went half-board, but children under 12 were given wristbands which entitled them to free ice-creams, lollies, drinks & crisps at the hotel bar until 10 at night, which was great.
We had a great fortnight there. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.