Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Anyone been this year? wondered if the reported good standards were still being maintained? Going in 11 days time :)
We have just returned from here and I have posted a review.
Oh dear and I like my food! Oh well the tickets still havent landed yet and theres less than a week to go :shock:
I didn't want to make the food sound really bad because it wasn't, it was all edible just not what I expected from a Spanish Hotel, I like to try and eat the local dishes when I am on holiday.
We had a room with a fantastic view and the weather was glorious so can't really complain.
Carol we go next Tuesday, tickets have now come so will let you know what we made of it. By the way do men have to wear long trousers in the Dining Room?
It says in the booklet in the room that dress code must be observed so hubby wore long trousers on the 1st night but there were lots of blokes in shorts so he wore shorts every other night and it wasn't a problem.
Carol thanks for that info; also what was the mini fridge like, did it have a freezer compartment?
yes a small freezer bit at the top but to keep it cold you had to keep a card in the electric thing, we were lucky that the cleaner didn't take ours every day as she seemed to with my parents who were in the next room.
In fact she was really good and would switch the air conditioning on for us if we forget to do it before we went out.
Getting close off Tuesday, anyone else there?
Hi,

Just back yesterday and have posted a review, but feel free to ask anything specific you're looking to find out. :)
Bit worried now, read your review, doesnt sound as though you had the best of times :shock:
Was there plenty of seated areas that was in the shade? What was the average wait to get served at the bar? could you take drinks back to your room? and sorry, finally was there an upgrade charge for international drink brands?
Thanks
Oh dear, I didn't realise it sounded that way. I genuinely did enjoy it - it's just I've had much better elsewhere so wanted to be as honest as possible. As I said in the review though it's only my opinion and we met families who thought the hotel was great and had no issues with the unusual food. I really wouldn't worry, as unless you are really fussy you should be fine.

I'd say at worst we waited 15 minutes to be served at the bar which maybe happened 4/5 times in the week. We probably waited on average 5-10 minutes each time. I have no idea about branded drinks I'm afraid as we aren't spirit drinkers, so beer and wine are fine for us. I saw lots of people order Baileys (probably due to the generous measures!) without paying extra, and I did see people taking glasses up to their rooms so assume it's allowed. And there are LOADS of chairs and tables at the pool area, both in the sun and the shade. It's just that in my opinion they could do away with half of those (as usually loads empty) and replace with extra beds.

If it'd been the first / only all inclusive I'd done I may well have enjoyed it more. Think I'm a bit spoilt having beento Flamingo Oasis in Benidorm which is a fantastic hotel and shows how all inclusive can be done.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. :)
Thanks scotsnellie youve reassured me now :D packing today and off early in the morning :)
:lol: hi just a quick word what was the snacks like through the day because i do not like a full meal just a snack at dinner time was the hotel full :lol: janet
Hi

Hotel wasn't full. I'd guess at maybe 2/3 full?

Think the snacks were ok - served at the pool bar when we were there although the blurb said all inclusive should get their snacks only from the main bar, so I think maybe thats the process when it's busier.

There was: burgers, hotdogs, fries, ham or cheese sandwiches or baguettes, mixed salads (again, cheese or ham), and pork / chicken kebab skewer things which I thought were a bit fatty. Tea, coffe, hot chocolate, ice lollies, ice cream.

Hope that helps
:o hi thanks for th information :lol: janet
Just back yesterday, had a fantastic time, facilities, food and drinks all very good :D will write a review in a day or so :D
I got back on Sunday, stayed at the Corfu for two weeks and had a fantastic time. Would love to go back one day. I will also do a review soon. Emma
Emma if you got back on Sunday you missed the scuffle in the pool on Monday lunchtime then :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.