Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
san antonio bay
69 Posts
I don't know if this is the site you have been looking at

http://www.ibiza-hotels.com/riviera/

but from the map, I would say you are about a 15/20 minute walk 10 minute boat ride, from tha West End of San Ant (where most of the nightlife is - Clubs etc)

There are still plenty of bars on the bays side to choose from catering for all tastes, but without the rowdyness of the main areas of the Town.

I've not been for a couple of years so I'm not well up on current prices etc - sorry
kieron

I have sent you a private mail in response to your queires last night

also have a look at this site for some info
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/
thanks a lot, ill post a review when i get back!
We are going to San Antonio Bay in a couple of weeks, staying at the Playa Bella apartments with 2 teenagers. Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in the area and/or places to go. Thanks.
get a boat and visit, cala bassa, and cala conta, 2 nice beaches. go for a meal at sunset at mambos or coastline with your teenagers and listen to some cool tunes.

get over to formentera, for the day , fantastic beaches, unspoilt island.

hire a car and head north, find loads of hidden beaches.
Cala Bassa beach is a must, absolutely beautiful, water there very clear can see the fish etc.
Hi

I am staying just over the road from you in two weeks time also in the Riviera hotel. There is quite a choice of restaurants and bars in the vicinity of where you are staying on the main street. However for something different try getting the water taxi from the Hotel Milord which is a couple of hundred yards from you on the beach headland and go to the harbour in the town. There are three great bars for during the day eating just along the harbour towards pizza hut, they are called The orange corner, Bar M and Itaca, all serve great food and are right on the beach with great views.

On an evening try having a look at the sunset strip. This is a strip of bars on the coast to the west of the town and are called Savanah and Cafe Mambo, thousands gather to watch the sun set amongst fire eaters and performers and the sound of chill out music.

In the town there is a good burger king if your into that type of thing and a great square where there are fountains that dance to music and artists which draw you picture in characature.

have fun anyway, cant wait till august 18th when i go
Thanks to you all for your suggestions - it sounds great. We're all really looking forward to it! Roll on the 22nd ... :lol:
hi my self and my boyfriend +2 friends are hoping 2 go here summer 2005. was jus wondering where the best place 2 stay is and wat attractions there is? many thanx tracey :)
Hi there,

Have never stayed in the Bay area before but have passed it a few times. It seems more geared to families and the beach isn't that great (although you'll be able to catch a boat to Cala Bas or Cala Conta beaches easily enough).

http://www.ibizaspotlight.com

They have loads of info in ibiza and a funny webcam type thing which gives you a 360 degree view of the bay area. Worth a look!
We are trying to decided where to go on holiday next year.We were thinking of palma nova but we have been told there will be more for 2 adults and 2 children aged 5 and 6 to do..
What is there to do in the day and night time here. Besides drinking.??
We need things to entertain the kids..If they are happy so are we.!!!
Can anyone help.??
Hi Scarlett

One thing we noticed about San An Bay was that all the hotels and restaurants/bars seemed to have play areas for the children, enough for us to comments on considering we were there as a couple!

HTH

luci :wave
iv'e visited san an a couple of times and if your idea of fun is drunk louts sleeping in the street then go for it. palma nova ,mallorca is much nicer!!
No I totally disagree with the last report. The bay further along is excellent for families going towards Port de Torrent. examples of good places are Playa Bella apartments which even has its own play park with bouncy castle etc and ir right on the beach. There are good family bars nearby,bowling, funpark etc so you can find a good family holiday as I am sure many other people will confirm this that have been there with children. Karen
I've got to agree with the posts. San Antonio itself is not for families but San Antonio Bay is ideal.

Lots of pubs geared up for kids, can't remember other resorts having any where near as many.
I can definately recommend the Hotel Hawaii in San An Bay, certainly for beachfront location and the entertainment and kids club are excellent - we have been to other places since and the kids clubs and friendliness of the staff has not yet been matched. It isn't the prettiest of places but having said that we didn't see a single lager lout. The food was very good also. There is also things outside of the hotel such as crazy golf, pool tables, bucking bronco's etc, every bar caters for kids, you just have to miss the west end bit out after 10pm.
If you want to know anything else I will try and answer any questions.
Hi, have just returned from the Playa Bella apartments in San An Bay and there were kids everywhere, all seeming very happy. These apartments have trampolines and a bouncy castle (you have to pay 1.50 euros for the trampolines, not sure about the rest.) They are directly on the beach, which is shallow but rocky. There was a kids club. A five minute walk along the front takes you to another beach which was lovely for swimming, and there was a big water ride, 1 euro for 2 goes, 2.50 for 6 goes. All the party people were in San An Town, not in the bay (or maybe they returned in the mornings to sleep, but we were not disturbed). I'd imagine most hotels/apartments in the area cater for children in a similar way.
Hi, have just returned from the Playa Bella in San An Bay. Definately more an area for families, so it depends what you are looking for. If you want the clubs, they are only a taxi boat ride away (5 minutes) across the water, or a bus or taxi ride by road, but be prepared for lots of families and kids around during the day!
hi mineadvoka, have just got back from san an, stayed across the road from you in the riviera apartments, weather was great wasnt it??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.