Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Me and my family are going to this resort and to the same apartments beginning of June, will let you know of my findings on return. A friend of ours recommended this resort and said there were plenty of restauraunts and bars to entertain us.
Don't know how much a taxi is but I reckon you are looking at about 2 and half miles between Santa Eulalia and Es Cana.

There is a frequent bus, look at http://www.ibizabus.com however if there is a few of you a taxi might actually be about the same price on such a short distance. The street cabs are ok price wise and are metred.
If you want to go somewhere just a little different during the day try Cala Pada which is half way between santa eulalia and es cana ,it has a beautiful little beach with pine trees to the rear if you want a natural shade ,the water here is also very shallow thus very safe bathing.you can get there by bus or ferry or even walk along the coastal path.
Hiya,

Just thought i would drop you a line! I worked in santa eulalia and es cana last summer!

The orquidea is a really nice hotel and has there own evening entertainment, however if you want to go to es cana by taxi it will cost about 7e approx! Santa Eulalia has a few nice bars around the harbour front which are nice for entertainment too!

If there is anything you would like to know, drop us a line i will be more than happy to help!

Vicky x
I was in S'Argamassa a few years ago with the kids (just a bit along the coast).

There was a boat taxi up and down the shore line then, and we used it a lot - very cheap!

Smiles :D
Hi, we are going to the Orquidea in July as well. We have 2 kids also, girls 9 and 12. When are you going?

Cat
Mid July
but only aged 3 & 6.
We are there first 2 weeks. Don't know who will have the hardest time entertaining the kids. I heard there was no kids clubs. :roll:
Cat
YES - Thomsons use to run the kids club there, but suddenly stopped it :(

The hotel should still have evening entertainment for kids though, I think, and if going July or August there should still be quite a few families there.
Maybe email the hotel to ask ?!
If get really lost off, Es Cana is only 3 mile away so shouldn't cost much in taxi if want to go there for the odd night, just for a change
we have just returned from the orquidea, the hotel was very clean it had its own kids club which ran daytime activities & mini disco & family entertainment outside by the pool at night time. lovely beach just outside the hotel. if you wish to vist a local bar we strongly suggest the queen victoria where you will be made very welcome by neil & his staff (kids welcome too) enjoy your holiday we did
wehey, it sounds like theres still stuff for the kids to do. :lol:
can't wait togo to this hotel, I am glad to hear the hotel is nice as was starting to panick.

Will certainlycheck out queen victoria.

Anyone going 4th June from Manchester,

Carol
Sounds great, just got to convince the kids they are not to old for kids clubs 8)
Hi Smiles. What's S'Argamassa like these days. We went there about
16 years ago and loved it even though it was really quiet. We have thought about going to Ibiza in June/July for a week, would you recommend S'Argamassa?
Hi ,almost the same as it ever was,still very quiet. 8)
Hi everyone, :wave

Me and my family have stayed in the Orquidea (Santa Eulalia) for the past two years end of may/June. We love it, it has everything for the kids day and night. My two girls love the mini disco which starts around 8pm outside near the pool they even bought the CD to bring home so we have mini disco everynight at home! I think the hotel and the resort has everything for every age group. We went as a group last year,me and my husband age 30-32 our two girls age 4-10 my sister and hubby age 21-24 my grandparents age 71 - 75 and my mother and father inlaw age 50 and all of us enjoyed it. The only bad thing i can say about the hotel is the food. We went half board and the food is nice BUT there is much of the same and after a week we was getting a bit sick of the same and as we stayed for 14nights, the following week the same menu starts again. We are going again next yr but selfcatering as you can pay on the reception for half board for as many days as you want (about 9euros a day per adult). If anyone is going and have young children that do not sleep well you may be best asking for a room that is not looking over the pool as the entertainment is all outside and it starts around 7.30pm till 11.00pm and it's loud! my kids were fine, we even put them to bed some nights and sat on the balcony with a beer and watch the rest of the entertainment from there. i would give the hotel 99% and the resort 100%. If anyone need to know anything about the resort let me know. : :D :tup
Hi Nicky,
your post is very reassuring
We are going mid july for 2 weeks - and I was becoming a little concerned that there would be nothing for the kids to do, and it was totally geared up for adults only.
Did you go on any trips or anything ?
Hello again,

we went on a night trip to a reps night think it was based in san antoni. That was a laugh and my 10 year old thought it was great, you get picked up at the back of the Orquidea and taken to the show.While you are there you get a meal which is ok but not brill (bit like our chicken in a basket!) but the entertainment was great they get everyone up singing and dancing is was good fun.
We also went on a little trip into the hills, it's like a train on wheels and the kids loved that. You can get the train where the townhall and the taxi rank is (very easy to find). You have no need to book just turn up,there is a board with all the times and prices on (think it was 10euros for adults and sure what the kids were).It takes you into the hills and then you stop at a little bar for a free drink and then it takes you to a little museum and then brings you back. Everything is in with the price and takes about 2hours. The train driver is MAD and we laughed the whole way round. Also got the bus into Ibiza town and walked up to the fortress, the bus service is good and cheap, the bus station is at the back of the townhall.Getting on the bus is a bit like the battle as they are very full. Also we got boats to other resorts from the marina, they are like a bus service. The hippy market is in Escana on a wed we got the boat there, nice few hours out but very busy and if i was you i would go in the morning due to the time of yr you are going it very hot when you are walking round the market stalls. So theres loads to do and i think it's more fun when you go on trips on public transport instead of paying top price booking them through your rep.
Hope this helps. Wish i was going back this yr but we wanted to try somewhere else but the good thing is i am going to San antoni on the 18th july for my sisters hen for 4 nights and i know i will be on the boat over to santa eul! 8) :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.