Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Kazd
You're looking at the wrong thing.
It's not bath oil, it's the dry oil body spray.
In brochure 03 2010 the order number is 06700 and it's currently half price at £2.50.
It's still showing in that brochure as Soft & Fresh.

I can't imagine how gloopy your skin would feel if you put bath oil on. :yikes

I don't think that Avon have
an actual Skin So Soft Insect Repellant.
as such, although they did, a few years ago and for a very brief period, state in their brochures that the S-S-S Soft & Fresh dry oil spray was a good mozzie repellant.

I think that over the years word has just been passed around so lots of people use it as a mozzie repellant.
I have both "Green" Skin So Soft and I can honestly say that the new green smell is nothing like the original which I have always used as Insect repellant. I am just not going to risk getting bit and will revert to real mosquito repellant. I was going to use the OH as a guinea pig, but he never gets bitten anyway.

Lisa
Lisa
I'd never use the Avon S-S-S as my only mozzie protection.

I use it after my after-sun but before I put on PROPER mosquito repellant.

I'm not actually sure what you mean by:
I have both "Green" Skin So Soft and I can honestly say that the new green smell is nothing like the original which I have always used as Insect repellant

Which is the 'new green smell'?
Hi Peoples,

I always use a mosi repellent containing DEET and never get bitten however i really like the sound of this Avon sss because you can (i think) use it on your face!

I never like the idea of putting a DEET repellent on my face so i think i will try this Avon product.....thanks all for the info!

Regards,
BB
Yeah, Deet is very bad for you. Have you seen how it removes any nail varnish you are wearing? God knows what something that strong does to you.
I have just bought SSS on line from Avon.
hi
last year i used deet and while i was sat in a bar it dissolved the paint off the chair all over my arm where i had been leaning so it cant be good for skin if it does that to paint can it
sharon
Please remember whatever repellant you use, try not to spray it around any tiled or marble floors as this will turn them into an ice rink and we wouldnt want any accidents spoiling our holiday time!

I speak from experience as I had a rather nasty slip in the bathroom after using the mozzie spray and now I sit in the middle of the bed to apply the spray - hopefully it´ll keep the bedbugs from biting too!
When we were in Kenya, on Safari I diluted some Deet into my SSS about 50/50, I sprayed it round my ankles and wrists .... no bites what so ever. Now I won't go away without my SSS and Deet.

Happy bite free holidays all. :tup
JoyceR27 thats a great idea for us people that can tolerate deet, i will surely use your tip next to Goa. Thanks :thanks
Have just ordered my SSS from Avon Its on offer 3 for £5 :really
hi
was sitting in dentist waiting room while my son was getting treatment,here in goa and picked up an indian ladies magazine,on a page of tips it said use baby oil to ward off mozzies they hate it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.