Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Avon also have a website,possibly cheaper direct from them,T.
It hasn't worked for me the last couple of years. I wouldn't rely solely on it.
I spend many months in Goa and SSS is brilliant
It's on 2 for £4 at the mo, I got 2 delivered last night :tup
Interesting to see how many members find that this works.Price wise not really important if it is a few pence more here or there.

Main thing is if it works.

Just back from Sri Lanka where people were being bit for fun and the only time I was bitten(and BTW the mossies love me)was when I washed my hands after being to the toilet.

Have to be honest this is the only thing I have ever used that has worked almost 100%.

We have already ordered more.

Papa
Doesn't work for me but at least I smell nice.
Wouldn't recommend anyone using it as a sole preventative measure against malaria.
Keep on taking the tablets !!!
Definately works for me! Has done for the last 10 years! Got Roy using it now! :que
Works for me and hubby as well.Make sure take Malaria tablets as well.22 more sleeps :sun2 :cheers :D
I've used this since we first went to Goa.
I have a book sent to us by Thomson dated 1996/7 which states:
"An excellent mosquito repellent (believe it or not) is Avon's skin-so-soft bath oil spray. It's highly effective. Even sand flies will keep their distance."

It was, at that time, very oily and they've changed it since then into the dry oil spray.

I use it after after-sun but before 'proper' mosquito repellent - I'd never just use it on its own.
We usually used this but it just wasnt effective this time and reverted to the local Odomos which works a treat
i have just been on the Avon website,typed in skin so soft,and loads of different products came up,what am i looking for,is it one of the moisturisers,i`ve not heard of this before
thanks Deb
Skin so soft dry oil spray,soft and fresh which is in a green and white bottle is the product everyone is talking about,I use it too!! T.
Skin so soft dry oil spray,soft and fresh which is in a green and white bottle is the product everyone is talking about,I use it too!! T.

Thats the one.

Papa
Great tip everyone, my sss dry oil sprays arrived,i love it, don`t know if it will work on the mossies yet but this is a product that i will use anyway
Hey Debs!! We will both smell the same!! :rofl Love it! Swear by it!! Just put mine in the case!! :wave:
paula, don`t know how i`ve missed this one,see you soon,can`t be long for you now? xx
I have just had an email from Avon to say that Skin So Soft & Fresh (Was Woodland) is now called Skin So Soft Original. However, when you go on the American site it says this

It's America's favorite bath oil*, and sure to be yours, too! Skin-So-Soft Bath Oil, in a generous 24 fl. oz. size, turns a relaxing bath into a skin-softening pleasure. This unique formula caresses you with all-over moisturizing plus a touch of our Original Woodland Fresh fragrance.

So is it the same one rebadged or is it a new tweaked formula not so strong because they now have an actual Skin So Soft Insect Repellant.
i,ve just received my skin so soft in this afternoons post.I ordered online UK website it,s dry oil spray origional
it,s on offer half price at the moment
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.