Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
DD you don't say where you're going or if you're going self catering, half board, full board or all inclusive. Give us a wee clue and maybe we can help.

Helenxx
also depends on what you want to do..

lying on the beach for 2 weeks is obviously cheaper than hiring cars to see the island, or going to the waterparks, going on excursions etc
How many of you are going?
Thanks for the pointer...

We are staying at the Olympic Lagoon for two weeks... Bed and breakfast.
Expect to be making the most of it... Beach, pool, watersports, clubs and loads of drinks...

How's that? Now how much do we need?

Thanks for your help... any advice welcome...
We are going to Limassol on July 15th. Went to the bank to book the money. I was gobsmacked! It will cost €1756 for Cy£1000.

How much is a pint of Keo and a bottle of medium local white wine. How much are kids drinks. We are eating in for one week and out for the second. How much should we be bugeting at spending we are two adult and one child age 5.

We want to hire car and do the touring around thing. Although we usually do the car hire and tours on credit card.

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of the good life on holidays!
Hi

Keo - at the supermarket about 75c for a 630cl bottle
At bars/restaurants anything from around £1.30 to £2 a pint.

Wine is very cheap, my wife drinks the one that comes in tetra packs and is 99c a litre in the supermarket. Can't remember how much it was at the restaurants but she drank it by the carafe :roll:

As for budgeting, you really can spend as much or as little as you like so that's a bit open ended. Take your cashcard, you can always get some more - and at a better exchange rate too.

Car hire: We always use holidayautos - last week it was £118 for a week for a Renault Megane, picked up and dropped off at Larnaca Airport.

Don't worry about the figures - exchange rates are just numbers - it's what you can buy with a given denomination that matters.

Hope this helps
Ady
Hi, This exchange rate cannot be right! Are you sure you haven't pressed a "7" instead of a "2" when you typed in the cyprus pounds figure because if you didn't someone at the bank must have done!
Flyhigh - he quoted Euros - figures are correct :wink:

Ady
Namid

Where did you go for the money it seems a bit steep. Marks and Spencers exchange rate is 83.5 today,

I reckon that for a £1000 CY it should only be around £1200 GBP.
Maybe its me thats confused?
Elizabeth
Oops sorry I did not notice it was Euros.
elizabeth
Namid
Sorry for not reading your post correctly. a few years ago I took a load of Euros to Cyprus and changed the Euros there.
I felt as if I had been robbed, but I suppose its all the same when you convert it, I gave up trying, to work it out.
Elizabeth
Thanks Ady. My eyes aren't that sharpe - must be getting old!!
Should have got some cheap glasses when I was last in Cyprus.
Fly high
And what I cant understand is why are you using Euro's if you are coming from the UK? odd this Cyprus is of course not into the Euro currencies until at least 2007 and beyond!..

todays rate locally is 87.0 cents to the £ sterling. a pound CY will buy you a coffee in a cafe or a bottle of ''5'' beer.

Jim
jimbox you're a wee jem. When I come over at the end
of August I'll ask you the exchange rate before I come.
Don't be surprised if you find me wandering round your
area as I intend to visit your fave eateries. :lol:
Usually find some members of CyprusLiving web site and myself in Zorro's most Friday nights should you be in town...please come and have a natter with us.. :)
Thanks jimbox, now that I know I'll definately make the effort. :lol:

Helenxx
That euro rate is correct i bought 1700 cypriot yesterday and it cost me 3019 euros
Polar hello do you live abroad? just wondered about the Euros?..

Jim

Polar...that is abroad... :D
  • Edited by jimbox 2005-06-26 11:26:30
Hi Jim
I wish I lived abroad!!! I live in Dublin in Ireland
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.