Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Re: Sun Island
45 Posts
kentdougal - I did'nt know that.
I will let you know what the sitiatuoin is with respect to the coral.A year later I would have expected to see some significant improvement.
Its been sometime since getting back from Sun Island.Fantastic as usual,I think next year if we decide to go to the Maldives in February I think we will try another island.I will need to book early next time as it was fully booked everywhere I tried for the week that we wanted.
The coral appeared to be improving somewhat on house reef but there is a long way to go I would say before its back to what it should be like.
We went on a reef trip one day which was fabulous .It took about 30mins to get there by boat,the coral was quite brilliant as with the fish that lived amongst it.
I heard that the island next to holiday island (Holiday Island is the island to right of Sun island on the jetty side) has had a runway built on it. I saw this for my self when we flew back on the sea plane to Male.Looks like this runway is to be used as an alterative to the sea plane transfers.(So I am led to believe)
best get planning- I love that part :)
This time last year we were in the Maldives.Seems mighty strange not being there this year having done so for the past 4 years running to escape the UK winter.
This year I would say that we have had a "Real" winter.Just like they use to be.
Getting serious withdrawal systems due to the lack of exposure to the sun,35 degrees,white sands and blue warm water lagoons that the Maldives offers.
So anyone visiting Sun Island this year,have a great time and perhaps you could post your trip on this thread.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.