Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
t-shirts
26 Posts
I would think as many as you like providing you are willing to pay for excess baggage at airport which was £7 per kilo in May.

Lynn
I am not sure that there is an actual quantity - but Customs would consider whether the amount you are carrying is appropriate for personal use or whether they appear to be for re-sale. You are limited to the value of goods you can bring back - I think it is about £300 but someone may be able to clarify that for you. That figure includes gifts and duty-free items.
im sure the allowance is £140 worth ,,but who follows that,,i personally wouldnt buy a lot of cheap t,shirts there rubbish but would opt for the dearer ones,sayin that i bought 2 more expensive ones 2 weeks ago and when removing from packet theve got ladders in them ,, im returning them next week when we go back ,you get what you pays for :lol:
when i bring back t shirts,and alike i always take everthing out of the wrappers and any new labels off :lol: and never had problem just as long as you are not over your weight limit :?:
We`ve brought back loads of T- shirts over the years from Turkey. OK, they may be cheap, but I`ve still got one on the go from 1993, so they`re not that rubbishy!
You should be aware that although the Turkish government are well aware that the manufacture and sale of conterfeit goods goes on, they turn a blind eye to it.
However, should your luggage be searched and you are found to have an eccesive amount of these, they could be confiscated and possibly you could be detained.
Also, should you be stopped and searched at the UK end then found to have a large amount of these, you would almost certainly have them confiscated and you would likely be prosecuted.
Do as said earlier and remove bags and labels from and 'label' clothes you buy.
The simple answer to you original question on how many TShirts you can bring back is NONE.
I'm sure the advice of 'NONE' is incorrect. Everybody has a monetry amount that they are allowed to spend on gifts and similar, (including Tshirts should they so wish) to bring back into the country. Up to that limit you don't even need to cut the labels off.

As far as I am aware there are no copyright laws in Turkey, hence all the 'designer' stuff.
maybe because they are classed as counterfeit in the uk chris :? :?
I have had t shirts from turkey for 6 years and still going strong,also boxer shorts and puma cat and adidas trainers i brought 2 years ago still look like new,okay i dont wear the trainers everyday but they have lasted well, as someone said take the labels off and whos to say you didnt take them with you 8)
Hi Lyn :D

Not sure how it works really. Just know that our rep said that you aren't breaking any laws, because unlike the UK there is no such thing as copyright laws in Turkey.

I did feel that in the markets you had to be a bit discerning as there was some complete c*** but some nice stuff as well, some of the sizing was a bit iffy too. I was always dubious when they showed me ones on the stall to look at and then tried to give me ones in packets to take away. :roll: I just took them out and checked the seams and buttonholes etc (I'm so boring LOL). At the end of the day we were happy with what we got, :D but I think some people forget you can get nice kids Tshirts in the sales here for 3 or 4 quid, so is 3 for a tenner that great a deal? Even one of the blokes on the stalls said the 4 for a tenners weren't great quality and steered me to other dearer stuff. (Well he would wouldn't he!!!! :wink: )
My point was that if either Turkish or UK customs think you are bringing them home to sell then you will lose them and possibly face further action.
the underpants are the best :roll: :roll: . whenever we go my teenage boys insist on buying their "calvins". you know the ones 20 pairs for 2 quid. :roll: . every evening while on holiday they put on a fresh pair and every morning there is 2 new "ripped "pairs laying on the bathroom floor. such a waste but all part of the fun of a holiday in Turkey. :wink:

lyn
I believe I am right in saying this but if not please correct me.

It is illegal to bring in ANY counterfeit goods into UK as we have copyright laws. It could all be confiscated. It is not illegal to buy counterfeit goods in Turkey as they do not have counterfeit laws.

Otherwise it is £140 per person for personal use + usual cig, tobacco, spirits etc.

Cic
:idea: Yes that might be what it is, although I suppose if you don't sell them on then the authorities here either turn a blind eye or confiscate if you over do it. I guess they have bigger fish to fry looking for bombs etc rather than 20 Calvins that cost 2 quid.
I think you two have hit the nail of the head. not sure how many people would be on a plane of holiday makers returning from Turkey. But i bet you any money at least 80% of them have at least a few "designer" t.shirts, handbags ,many of which they will be carrying, and clamped firmly on their wrist will be a new Rolex or Gucci 8) watch and maybe some new sunglasses. probably not worth the effort to check us all. after all there is only so much you can get in your suitcase + of course your new "designer" holdall. :D
lyn
I would think as many as you like providing you are willing to pay for excess baggage at airport which was £7 per kilo in May.

When we flew back on Saturday morning (26th August) the family infront of us ALL had overweight luggage, they never got charged, the fathers was around 45 Kilo :shock: !!

3MIN3M4
we too have never been hit on overweight cases :o we are usually overweight when we fly out,i buy my designer jeans and teeshirts in england and give them to our turkish friends,hubby not too pleased when i make him sort out his case :lol:
They were really strict in May charging nearly everyone on our flight. :?

There were to women infront of us who did'nt have any money left to pay and they were made to empty their cases and put the the excess into a box this took them about half an hour. :roll:

It may just be the luck of the draw, but would you like to be the one with to much excess and no money to pay for it???

Lynn
I flew back on Sunday and saw at least 2 people paying for excess.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.