Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Does anyone know how much a taxi should cost from betalbatim to Panjim please,we really got stung when we went in january through listening to someone in our hotel who reccommened a taxi driver, it was not until a few days before we came home that we used another taxi and relised we had been paying well over the odds, :( yes it was our first time, dont intend to pay to much this time. Many thanks
Paid 650 ruppes return from Madjorda to Panaji in march, driver waited around 4 hours for us!
Silentman thanks a lot for your reply i thought it would be more than that. :cheers
green.eyed.lady must have taked pity on me being an oap :)
Well silentman i hope they take pity on me as well. :D
Silentman have you been in a taxi to the saturday night market, a taxi price to there would be great, really got ripped of last year making sure does'nt happen again. :cheers
green.eyed.lady sorry cant say as never been to saturday night market from the south. would say that prices in the south are more as not as much competition, we stayed at the majorda beach last time and found the rank outside reasonable. did you have a regular taxi ? we used a guy called
Francis Miranda Tel 0832-2790751 (m)9822134854 he hangs out in the village, only a short distance from you, give him a call for a price.

silentman :)
Hi Silentman thankyou for the phone numbers, yes we did use the same taxi driver for most of our holiday, he was reconmended to us by someone in the hotel we were staying, it was not until near the end of the holiday that we used another taxi and relised he had ripped us of, he was silly doing that as we are going again and he would have used him this time, his loss, when we saw him i told him that he had over charged us and i would not be telling anyone in the hotel to use him. I know the prices are more in the south. AS they say you live and learn, wont be making that mastake again.
Gel
I am sure he is the one we used when we stayed at the Majorda Beach in December last year. He too was recommended to us.

One evening he was taking us to a restaurant and as we were driving along he suddenly announced that the price he originally quoted us wasn't correct and increased his price.

We never used him again.

Sheila.
If he had done that to me I would have refused and paid him the fair he quoted, (after we had completed the journey) and no tip! :D dont let them get away with it or they will do it more and more

silentman
All,
this year I think you will see a lot of different prices quoted for the same journey i.e. Candolim to Baga some will be 150 some will be 250 and maybe more but make no mistake there will be a frenzy this year as not only the regulars are now getting use to there cheek with rip-off quotes but there will be a lot less people about causing the taxi drivers to try and claw back losses, so I imagine there will be a lot of disputes with the taxi drivers this year and no doubt we will hear of them on here....jxk8
Hi Everyone,

I'm off to Goa for the first time tomorrow, was just wondering if any of you could tell me how much a taxi should roughly be from the airport to Candolim (silver sands). Also is there cash machines / currancy exchange at the airport as we will not have and indian currancy on us.

Many thanks
Hi Cherry-kisses i think about 650?? but someone else might know for sure as we dont get many taxi's
Chilly
We paid 650 rps last March for a Taxi to Palolem this was not return as we stayed a few days... it was the cheapest we could find. From our experience taxi is the best way - long way to go on a scooter!!
Cherry kisses we used the taxi's outside the airport and we paid 650 rps to candolim down the beach rd where you are going.
Oooopps Cherry Kisses I just realised I awswered the wrong question..... did I see somewhere someone asking a question about going down South?????

:oops:
(Yes "North to South" thread)
Hi Cherry_kisses

(I'll not ask the origin of the name)

you should pay about 700rupees. Go to the cabin opposite the airport exit, you get a receipt and a taxi driver.
If you want rupees, just before you leave the main baggage hall there are a couple of exchange booths BUT do not give them more than £20, as their rates are very poor.

If you get there in one piece you may tip the driver :rofl :rofl
If you get there in one piece you may tip the driver

love it Rokerender :rofl :rofl
chilly
hi
i have been using the same two taxi drivers for years they are based in calangute i just phone them up tell them when i am arriving and on what flight and they are always there waiting,cost ru650/-,and also dont mind waiting a day or two till i get my rups
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.