Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Airport pre-paid office (outside) was charging 360rps (plus 10rps for baggage) one-way to Colva, but they have recently increased fares by 5 or 10 rps.
in answer to jph's query. i think the taxi drivers make it up as they go along. feel free to barter a price. if you use them often enough they don't seem to mind. :tup
Travelling out to Goa on Saturday can anyone give me an idea of the going rate for taxis from airport to Baga it is a few years since we have been and not sure how prices have changed
Jacqui

There's a link at the top of this page giving approx taxi prices.

We paid 700rps for a taxi from the airport to Baga in December.
I arrive Sunday 8 March from Gatwick, around 11 am i think. Anyone else want to share a taxi to Cavellosim?
We intend going from Candolim into Panjim by bus but returning by Taxi as the bus doesn't run after 7.30pm. How much will Panjim Taxi's charge?
I have added to new price lists just recently. These include a list from Margao train station (madagaon) and also one from Thivim. (In addition to the popular airport taxi prices).

Airport Prices (Domestic / International)
http://www.poipleshadow.com/Goa-Taxi-Airport-Price-List

Margao Railway Station Prices (Bombay Train North Goa)
http://www.poipleshadow.com/Goa-Margao-Railway-Taxi-Price-List

Thivim Railway Station Prices (Bombay Train South Goa)
http://www.poipleshadow.com/Goa-Thivim-Railway-Taxi-Price-List

Hope they help

Thanks

Rob

*Updated as old links no longer worked
can anyone gve me an approx up to date price please , from airport to Calangute? thanks
:) hi new on here and never been to goa,but along with 5 others will be visiting for 3 weeks later this year,can anyone help, my husband and myself sponsor a child with el shaddai and we and the other 4 have been given 20kl extra luggage allawance each by the airline to take stuff over for el shaddai charitable trust,,whats best way to get from airport are there mini buses etc
If you don't get a better deal, I can give you the name and number of a large cab that took six of us and our luggage (some of which was strapped to a roof rack) from Candolim on Sunday for 900r's (approx £12.00), but we gave him a tip also. Let me know nearer the time, unless you find something better.
Hi all,

We are back to Goa in Nov after missing three years :cry :cry . On previous visits we always used the same taxi driver (Sergio) who was essentially our wheels for the 2 week stay. He was originally recomended by 'Pauline' on this site, he met us at the Airport etc etc. Can anyone recomend any taxi driver similar and give us his contact deals :think? or is it just as well to take it as it goes and use whoever. Thanx in advance.

Helen and Clive :wave:
hi clive and helen
ihave all the details of a very reliable cab driver have used him loads,airport,trips etc.very good english,i know a few people on this site use him,his name is lawrence,let me know if you want more details
Hi debs :wave: ,
That would be really kind if you would then we can get in touch with him and organise pick up at the Airport to begin with. Where is he based? We are staying in Candolim , would that be a prob/increase in prices??
Thanx a lot

Helen and Clive :tup
Hi All...

I have now added a Taxi Price list for Mumbai, for all of you who fly via Mumbai... Surprisingly the prices there are so much cheaper than in Goa! About two thirds the price!

You can find it via the Taxi page

http://www.poipleshadow.com/Goa-Taxi-Prices
Hi Rob.... :wave:
looking for taxi prices from Calangute....the one on your site states its from 2005.....
Is it still the same prices or is there an updated version ? :cheers
Hi.. I haven't found a reasonable friendly taxi driver who will give me updated prices unfortunately, most seemed to give outrageous prices, rather than sensible ones, if anyone knows of someone who will give a good base I will add them to my site, will also add their contact details if you wish (as long as they are sensible prices).

The prices shouldn't be too different, perhaps an extra 50 Rs/-

Thanks

Rob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.