Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi

My mum and dad are flying to Monastir Aiport on the 25/06/2006 and staying in the Hotel Residence La Paix (Hammamet), however their hotel transfer has not been included in the holiday price and I was therefore wondering if anyone could let me know how much a taxi there and back will cost.

Thanks
hi all, we are going to tunisia at the end of the month flying in to monastir and staying in hammamet can anyone tell me what we should expect to pay for a taxi??? :?
Hi, what should we expect to pay for a taxi from Monastir to Yasmine Hammamet? We've been on a few discussion forums and the prices seem to vary a lot between £20 and £80! I also have a Tunisian friend who says a tenner...but seeing as I'm not Tunisian and will have stepped off a plane I know this is very very unlikely!

I should also add that we arrive at 23:30 so I know that prices go up for later fares.

Any help appreciated cheers!
Dear All,

Would anyone be so kind as to advise me as to the approximate cost of a taxi from Monastir Airport to Skanes resorts? I understand the distance from the airport to our chosen resort, Primasol Golden Beach is approx 8 miles.

Not really worth paying the tour operator's transfer fee if it's cheaper in a taxi.

Thanks in advance :)
Hi, we have been to the sahara beach hotel in skanes 3 times, taxi takes about 10/15 mins and is about 10 dinars, which is about 5 pound :D
hey just wondering does anyone know if theres a cash machine in the airport at monastir as you come htrough arrivels as i will need some money when i get there lol
Hi Spursgirl15,

From what i can gather, from other posts, there are cash machines at the airport. Best to ask the tour operator where they are, so you dont get lost.

Im off to Tunisia next month for the first time, and like you, will want to get some money out when we arrive.

Cant wait to go, 27 days and counting!!!
XXX
Thank you for the info. Nice lips by the way :)
Even if you take English pounds with you at Monastir Airport there are lots of small banks where you can change money up straight away into Dinars. They all offer the same amount of exchange because its a closed currency and set by their government. You will have no problems getting money at Monastir Airport :wink:
Yes ther is a cash machine in the airport. Just ask any of the reps to show you where it is
Just reading the post, very interesting and useful

But need some personal help i can't find on the forum.

Were going as a group of 5 to sousse end of august.

Our worry is that we have built the package ourself and we were not willing to pay thomson £15 each for a 20min journey ONE WAY!

Anyway the problem is we are arriving 1.40 AM and leaving quite late on departure. I was wondering will there be any taxis around that can carry 5 people and suitecase to sousse from monastir at that time. And also how much we can expect to pay.

Also will be able to change money at the airport at that time.

Thanks for the help
There will definitely be taxis at Monastir airport. I would suggest you negotiate two taxis and they will follow each other to your hotel. You would not get 5 people and all your luggage in a large taxi. The normal rate (and you MUST negotiate first before agreeing the journey) is 15-20 Dinars per taxi into Sousse hotel region, e.g. Tour Khalef, Marhaba Beach, etc. Perhaps an extra 5 dinars for that time in the morning. Also there will be money changing facilities open. They will be expecting yours and other flights at that time.
found some good transfer prices at http://www.medhotels.com/

although I will likely use a taxi instead ( to beat any rush to hotel)

Going to Royal Salem... ( between Sousse & PEK) whats a fair price after 10pm from airport ?
Arriving at the airport at 01.15am so by the time we get thro the customs it will be about 02.00am.
We need a taxi to go to Port El Kantaoui is it easy to get a taxi also how much is the fare approx is it best to arrange the price before setting of.
Me and my boyfriend are flying out to monastir airport on oct 4th, we arrive at 10am. I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would be for a taxi to take us to south tunis, about 2 hours away? Also is it safe to use a local taxi at the airport or is it best to book one before you go away?
hi Becky
ive just returned from my first ever visit to tunisia and i found the local taxis were fine as long as you agree a price before the journey commences.
Becky I think it should cost you no more than 50-60 Dinars for a taxi that time of the day. Negotiate the price before you get into a taxi and don't be afraid to ask other taxi drivers how much they will charge if the first one seems pricey. Expect to pay about half what they originally say.
Hi there :

Just wondering if anybody could tell me the price of taxis from Monastir airport, to the Marahaba Royal Salem Sousse , are they easy to get at night time??
?
THANKS LISA :D
Hi Lisa, you will not have any problem getting a taxi at Monastir airport and should not pay more than 15 dinars - if I remember correctly. (If I am wrong about that, members will hopefully correct me! :?) Just remember to confirm the price before you leave. I usually say something like, "I paid 15 dinars a few months ago" It works! Have a lovely time. Jenny x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.