General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Leanne

Try and get them off the doc before a outbreak so can start them straight away, try and tell your doc you need before a outbreak because by the time you get to see him/her it will be to late.
My mam is a midwife and has never had coldsores until a good few years ago which she actually picked up from me whilst on holiday by using my toothbrush. Like me she gets them anywhere between her nose and mouth however she only gets the occasional outbreak. I however have had them since birth and no one else in our family gets them or has ever had genital herpes! The doctor prescribed me the tablets as the cream seems to make them appear or multiply. He actually told me to stop taking them after 4 months as I was getting coldsores worse than before! Thats why I was over the moon when Holland & Barratts introduced me to Lysine I have only had one little coldsore since 2002/3 and that was because I didnt take a break between courses. I think that is brilliant considering I used to get at least 1 coldsore per month previously.
lordy

You can only get cold sore's if you have had skin to skin contact, and it could only been caused by somebody kissing you as a baby or something used by somebody with a cold sore what you have used. You cannot have cold sore's from birth unless you got it from somebody. Research the herp's virus and you will see you cannot get cold sore's from nowhere. As you said your mum got it from using your tooth but she got it from somewhere and you have had to get it from somewhere and either from a affected person or something what was used.

What seems strange to me is where your mum gets its, if she used your tooth brush and got the virus it would be between her nose and lip, which suggest to me she may have had a outbreak and didn't know it was cold sore's and kissed you for you both to have have the cold sore's in the same place. Use of a tooth brush wouldn't give you cold sore's between your lip and nose. People can have a outbreak and them nothing for 10, 20 or 30 year and longer, some people get one outbreak and that it. You can only get herp's simplex virus either coming into skin to skin contact or using something what has the virus on.

I am just trying to help here so please don't take offence, what I write is not meant to offend you.

I have been cursed with cold sore's since kissing a girl when I was 12 who had a cold sore, 1972 we never knew what a cold sore was or how it was passed on, I call it the cure because a outbreak can leave with flu type symtoms, if they could find a cure I would be first in line.

Please do some research, i have spents hours researching the curse.
I'm not affended I am just stating a fact. My mam did not get a coldsore between her mouth and nose straight away it has spread to her nose over the years. I too did not get them on my nose until I started primary school which I asume was from applying make up which carried the virus from mouth to nose. No one knew where I picked it up from as no one else we knew had them. Some people find different things work for them and I personally have found a result in Lysine and I think 6 years without one is :tup . As I said before different things work for different people.
Lordy

As long as you got something what works for you and you are happy all is good. I was wondering if it wasn't a cold sore because Aciclovir didn't work which is strange and was going to suggest a blood test to see if you are carrying the herp's simplex anti bodies. What made me wonder as well it might not be a cold sore because you had them from birth and I know you can't be born with them. Thats why I was asking the questions.

You are very unlucky Aciclovir didn't work for you and maybe you had some kind of a side effect or the strain of cold sore you have is very strong and you needed another Aciclovir drug which I can't remember the name of but its as strong as getting Aciclovir via a drip.

I am going to try Lysine and see how it goes, anything to battle the blighter is worth having.
well the doctor said I could not give blood as I dont even get any warning signs that a coldsore would be coming on so I suppose that says it all really. Now I come to think of it I wonder if that would be possible now since I've been 6 years without. Touch wood! :think
Lordy

They can do a blood test for herp's simplex virus 1 and 2 for anti-bodies, it doesn't matter if you haven't had an attact for 6 years. I think its worth it if people are not sure or have a child and they think their child could have cold sores. Its not easy taking a little one for a blood test, i couldn't watch when my daughter had a blood drawn.
hi all i have stopped the lysine tablets they definately dont work for me infact i think they done the oposite i had one sore in aprill but had only been on tablets for 2 weeks but continued.then another coldsore appeared in may then at the end of may i had 3 coldsores appear i am finally clear again now they really drive me mad good luck to the rest of you :tup
Sorry to hear that madmadge. I started taking mine in march, I also got a lip balm containing lysine from holland and barrets and this is the first year EVER since 1989 i have never got a cold sore. It certainly worked for me. :tup
sorry to hear that too madmadge. Hope you find something that works for you eventually! it took me 20 years to finally find lysine worked for me and has done now for 6 years so i am sure you will find another cure before long. Have you tried the new heater stick? I read about it in one of my mams magazines a few weeks ago. apparently it is like a lipstick and when you start getting a coldsore you put the stick on the area which heats up to 50 degrees and sends the virus packing!! I think it was about £20ish
ooo that sounds interesting i will look it up,i hate coldsores i feel so dirty when i have them anythings worth a try thanks :tup
madmadge have just found some info it is called a bio stick if you google it you should get all details, goodluck!
This is very interesting and if it works in humans would see the end of re-infection of cold sores.

http://news.ufl.edu/2009/02/03/herpes-2/

There is a lot of exciting research happening and within the next 5 to 10 years very effective treatments will appear. To have something what will stop re-infection will be the holy grail if not a complete cure would be the super holy grail.

There is a new gel treatment coming out soon of acilovir, its drawn down into the lower levels of the skin where the virus starts to multiply and stops the virus dead in its tracks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.