Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Mmmmm Coffee,
Goa is so bad for coffee we take a coffee maker, filters and coffee. Found an electric coffee maker in France this year for £3.52. So cheap we will donate it to a good cause when we leave in March. (Are you interested Rob?)
Cafe Coffee Day has now opened in Candolim
not far from the football field.
ann
Surely the best thing in the last few years, has been the availablity of safe ice. Gin and Tonic is just not the same without ice!
Papa, sorry off topic but just to say:

Calangute bashing - NO
Concerned for the future of Calangute and Goa generally (and of our friends) - YES
The bridge at Siolim has got to be a good thing hasn't it?
The old ferry was fun but it did take a long time.
The choice of Accomodation , now there is something to suit everyones taste and pocket , from basic beach huts , to family run guest houses, luxury villas , small boutique hotels, and 5* hotels.
And thanks to the internet it's possible to find information and deal direct with a lot of them.
Siolim ferry was brilliant, used to look forward to it every year. The bridge may be quicker but when your on holiday, time is not of the essence. So I say bring back the ferry...........wonder what those guys are doing for employment now?
wonder what those guys are doing for employment now?

Taxi :?:
When I first started going to Goa 16 years ago it was 50 Rupees to the pound! I think one of the best places to eat during the day and laze on the sunbeds is Bosco's Shack on Baga. At night East Meats West and Kim Faa. Stop at Nicky's Book Shop on the CSM road, to buy or rent a book and have a chat with Nessar (Nicky's wife). My husband goes fishing with the boys from Francis' shack (Xaviers) that is a couple of shacks up from Boscos. Quite often bringing his catch back to the shack and cooked in the tandor. Only 17 more sleeps to go until we do it all again. :kiss
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.