General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Must admit it made me smile - just a little - Not A Lot.

I thought Dave was a bank manager so how did he turn into a cook? And you asked a question. Do you want to go on holiday?

fwh
:rofl BRILLIANT Sanji! Re David and the remote control - I caught my O.H. trying to turn the tv over...with a calculator!!!! :rofl

Must admit I'm ALWAYS forgetting my passwords :( - and HATE it when you get the bank security thing flag up (although I KNOW it's for our benefit!!).

Few weeks ago I was booking flights to Bangkok - having found the ONLY reasonable prices....got right through to the end having entered card details.....notice came up on screen saying DON'T click back..pass go..or collect £200...and wait....and wait we did...ALL night! :yikes

Tried ringing them but their office hours are 8 til 8. Rung card company...no monies had come out..but couldn't risk booking AGAIN just in case! 7.45 in the morning I'm sitting ready to ring .... got straight through....to India....and no....it HADN'T gone through! Did she want me to put her through to someone to find it again or did I want to do it online!.

OMG OMG OMG I BET the flights have gone! THANKFULLY they hadn't...! Sat in trepidation as I entered details again....rolling ball....don't pass go etc etc....and BINGO BOOKED! Phew ..know exactly how you feel Sanji LOL!

(oh...his just come in saying he has found his glasses that he's been looking for for 2 weeks...in the candle holder in bathroom where the remote control for tv 'sits'. Bearing in mind he lays in the bath EVERY night watching tv..IF he'd put the remote control BACK..surely he'd have found them before now? ;o) didn't help when I said 'oh yes...I saw them in there the other day' ROFL!!!! Only to be told by him 'WHY didn't you tell me?' :duh
(lol edited to change 'sat with trepidation' to 'sat IN trepidation' just in case you thought O.H.'s name was Trepidation ROFL!)
:rofl

"After all this, it felt like I'd done a day's work, I sat down and thought.......Do I really want to go on holiday? Sanji "

You may not want to go on it, but with a palarva like that sounds like you will both need it.

The other thing I have had is the CC company telephone me as I am submitting my CC details and number on-line. This was fine when computer was in dining room right next to the landline, but now computer is in the bedroom, I end up flying downstairs nearly breaking my neck to get to the phone, they say someone is trying to use my card, i say yes it is me, all is OK and then I go back upstairs and it has all 'timed out'. :rofl I guess I should be glad they are looking out for me !

Doe :sun2
fwh wrote:
Must admit it made me smile - just a little - Not A Lot.

I thought Dave was a bank manager so how did he turn into a cook? And you asked a question. Do you want to go on holiday?
fwh

He was a banker and he vowed never to go near a computer after he retired, he'd spent the latter years of his employment waiting for a computer to tell him he could go home...waiting for all the transactions to be downloaded from the sub- branches to the main branch, and I'd be rich if I'd got paid for the number of times the phone would ring and him saying "I'm going to be late because the computer has gone down/crashed on the last piece of data."

After he retired, two people in a kitchen is a recipe for disaster, and when one says that they can make a better sandwich, I thought " fine, I've had years of cooking and I'm sick of it, so take over"....and he did.!

The holiday is for his 70th birthday and he needs someone to look after him, especially when he tried to punch the telephone number of the HSBC into a video remote, so I'm just going along to keep him company. ;)

Sanji
  • Edited by Sanji 2012-02-26 21:18:00
I'm just going along to keep him company.

How nice :really

fwh
Frank. Don't worry, I'll make sure he gets on the transfer bus. :rofl
Doe.
You need an extention in the bedroom, I still have my landline phone in the front bedroom, I was always worried that if the batteries are dead in the handsets, at least I still have a phone in case of emergency. We have two handsets to the answering machine...one in the front room and the other one next to my computer in the spare bedroom (now an office) and everytime the phone rings, guess who picks it up? My OH hates technology, if you give him the phone, it's like you've planted a hand grenade in his hand.

Betty Boop.
Please don't mention losing spectacles, that's another topic all of its own and where they are eventually found. :lol:
How did they get there.?
I don't know, they're your glasses.
You MUST have moved them.
Why would I move them, I don't wear your glasses.?
Yadda yadda yadda. :D
Sanji, your post gave me something to smile about just before I leave for a Monday morning at work :tup

I understand exactly how that must have felt as everything like that is always left to me but is inevitably my fault if something technical goes wrong with the computer. My OH not only hates the computer but also loathes the phone so he won't even telephone anybody to sort things out :duh

My smile turned into a laugh when you mentioned not being able to hear because of the 2 smoke alarms going off and the dinner burning :rofl Anyway, it's all booked now and I'm sure you'll definitely need that holiday. BTW, where are you off to?
:rofl :rofl :rofl ....sanji....want me to see if there's a bed free where Im heading before long.....nice and quiet...and nice friendly nurses to give your meds when needed.

Thought was only me had days like that....now I feel like Im in good company.

Im atempting to sort a DIY holiday out...really thought I was getting savey ...got things lined up ...just tie up some ends and then bingo press the buttons all at same time and done....just need book time off for right dates...

Thought I was clever...really buzzing telling work mates about it...untill I filled my holiday request form in....I work weekend nights....and as going wed the 11th and coming back wed the 18th I had to book the week end in the middle off ... which was the 13th 14th and 15th....just to make sure there werent any mix up when my shifts were being covered.....I decided to write fri , sat, sun , on top of the dates ..

Then it hit me ....Id spent hours on the net and on HT sorting a holiday out....and I was on hol's for fri the 13th....then my friend in work say ooooo that cruise ship went down on fri the 13th....

Ive still to get it all booked....but if anything likely to happen could just as well happen in work...so am still chuffed so far....tweetie
Glad it made some of you smile, especially those who have met my dearly beloved other half, but after this episode, I can understand why folks go to a travel agent and let them have all the grief.
We are both laughing at it now, but it was far from funny at the time, it was very frustrating, time consuming and it caused one massive argument.
All I got yesterday was"¦ "See, now you know why I hate computers and why I won't do on-line banking and on-line shopping, it's ok until it goes boobies up, and then it's a load of grief getting it sorted."
I felt like saying "apart from phoning the HSBC, who exactly sorted it out"? But I didn't because we've kissed and made up. :rofl

This HSBC MasterCard secure code requirement must only appear on certain sites because I've book flights through BmiBaby using the same card (it's the only card I possess), and I've never had this pop-up asking for the extra security code on Baby's site. :shrug
But it's crossed my mind if it's summat that Dave has signed up for and can't remember, although if that were the case, surely the pop- up would appear everytime I used the card, or does it depend if the site has signed up for it?

Anyway, I've managed without any problems whatsoever to add our API information this morning on Thomson's site, :yipee and it reminded me that I needed to add the API for the flights in June with BmiBaby. I couldn't do it when I booked the flights because we were waiting for our renewed passports to come back.."¦so I've killed two birds with one stone this morning.

Well, I nearly killed three birds when Dave said, "Don't forget to book the taxi" Argggggggggghh
:whoops ....good job I read your post....my lads passport runs out start of may...need sort it quick.... ....so much going on between now and then , as well as going visiting family for a week, here and days there all over the place....I would have forgot....and need it for july .... :kiss thanks for the reminder...tweetie
Ive just booked to go to Fuerteventura next week.
Not having been to an EU country for years I mentioned to my husband we would need to take our EHIC cards with us.
Just by chance I decided to clean the car inside today and found the cards in the glove compartment. :que
I cant think what they were doing in there but I am pleased I found them or I would have panicked next week when I discovered they were not with the passports.
Its getting stressful booking a holiday,getting to the airport etc and can now see the appeal of a UK Coach holiday. :rofl :rofl
Oh Sanji this has made me laugh - I have had mental pictures of you and your hubby and him getting grumpy and trying to make a call with the remote, and then at odds over the dinner. :rofl

By the way, I have to write the passwords down too - there are far too many to remember for everything
Sorry Sanji but that made me laugh as well. I would never find passwords if I had them on a piece of paper so all mine are in a file on the computer though not in one marked 'passwords'. All the banks etc. seem to ask so many security questions these days that I find it easiest simply to list all the info I've given for every one of them and call them up before I start, then minimise them at the bottom of the screen to refer to when needed. For example if I want my credit card details I bring up Barclaycard and it will remind me not only of my password and code but all the other personal information they have insisted on knowing. The same with Paypal and all the other companies I deal with.

You are sorted now though and thoroughy deserve your holiday so have a good one, and if HT is still in business remember to tell us all about it on your return. :kiss
Hello Sanji, i also had a good laugh when i read your post and could allmost picture you about to blow a gasket, my problem is not the computer but the person using it! that is me, when we go online to book i start to panic,have i got the dates right etc. i keep thinking about all the people who use this site who have had massive problems after hitting the submit button then realising after the confimation e-mail has hit their in box that they have selected a) the wrong month/year
b) the wrong room type or one of the many other selections that will make the perfect holiday something completly different :yikes
Mind when it is all sorted and i have calmed down it is not uncommon for me to say something like where would we be without computors or who needs a travel agent! :rofl

Alan
sanji you deserve a holiday after all that lol xphx it was a great read thoughxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.