Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
:) adults only in icmeler where ?i would love them now, dont get me wrong i love children ,i have four grown up sons and three adorable grandaughters ,who we are really close to, but we go on holiday to icmeler with friends no children, we pick term time because we dont want to be surrounded by kids and guess what loads of kids in june/july when we went shouting swearing generally being a pain, now i know how expensive school hols are remember i had 4 of my own, but i didnt take them out of school time . dont say go on a saga holiday im a young 50 who likes a good bar ect and dont want to end up in a pensioners hotel :tongue i feel some certain types have discovered our beloved icmeler ,and its not for the good , but hey if anyone knows of appartments for adults only, would they pm the details thanks by the way we also book small appartments 8--20 hopeing familys go to the larger ones but sadly this isnt allways the case
I have two young children but I would rather go to smaller apartments too so you wont necessarily avoid children by going somewhere smaller. But then again mine are only babies really so they don't cause a lot of trouble ;)
its not the small children i object to its the 13 plus age group out of school holidays that bugs me when mine were that age we only took them in school holidays or butlins /pontins in this country :think
handbagladycassie, it really bugs me when people go all holier than thou about children on holiday in term time. Some of us have jobs where we can't choose when to take holidays - our leave is rostered. Sometimes I get school holidays - sometimes I don't.
i think you have missed my point ,i dont object to a few children, i appreciate its not allways easy to book holidays in the holiday period ,what i do object to is hoards of unruly kids running amok while the parents are propping up the bar maybe when your children are older and you go away on your own or with friends you will appreciate what im trying to say .
In the eight years we've been going to Turkey, we've only been back to the same hotel once. The hotel was superb but it was one of the guests who, because I had made it known to all that I regularly write on here, took an instant dislike to me and threatened to punch my lights out. This was because we were meeting up with people in the restaurant next door from another website. This person went and had a meal there and was disappointed but I got the blame for it. Just for the record, the meal we had there wasn't up to much but we went back the next lunchtime and had a superb meal. :whoops a little :offtop sorry.

Getting back on Topic, families are penalised by the Tour Operators by chargeing such extortionate prices during the school holiday period because they know they've got a captive audience hence, a lot of families take their kids out of school in order to be able to have a more affordable break. I know it is wrong but you can't blame them. On a personal footing, we always Book to go during term time to avoid families and try to find quiet accommodations. Not wishing to sound like a stick in the mud but Bars have no appeal for us and so we tend to stay away from them.

Les
Come on people everyone has the right to enjoy themselves on holiday ,most kids can be noisy and run about with excitment ,when things get so bad that they are downright cheeky and disrespective ,i find that going straight to the source usually works ,ie confront the parents ,if that does not work then the rep or management .Everyone has the right to sunbeds ,just because you have had the same bed for a couple of days does not mean that you own it.I dont see the point in keeping your mouth shut for two weeks and then moaning about it when you get home ,do something about it at the time or just get on with your holiday and forget it :que
Bluepeterno1
I've got two kids - now aged 17 and 13 - and I've always tried to take them during the school holidays. However, this year, as a result of work commitments, etc, we had no option but to go for a week in June. Bear in mind too, that school holiday dates differ depending on where you live - here in Scotland, the schools break up earlier than they do in England, for instance.
I'd like to think that my two are reasonably well-behaved and considerate of others' feelings, but as others have pointed out, you're on holiday and naturally kids are going to let off steam at some point during their break - it is their holiday too after all. A bit of give and take all round doesn't go amiss.
Don't get me wrong, I get just as annoyed as anyone else about screaming kids running riot while their parents just ignore them. That's just sheer bad manners - if you choose to have children and take them on holiday then you have to take responsibility for them and not let them spoil anyone else's enjoyment. It's not only children who can act in that way though - I've had to put up with some really badly behaved holidaymakers in the past (not in Turkey, I hasten to add), and they were supposedly grown-up!
You are right there, badly behaved adults are even worse :yikes Mind you half the time it is the badly behaved adults who have the screaming, shouting, rude children. I think if everyone had a little respect for those around it would be so much better...
Your so right, at the end of the day thats all it boils down to...RESPECT! I too have come across some appalling familys whilst on holiday, and i can only feel sorry for there neighbours back at home! :yikes
We have been quite lucky as we have never had rowdy families staying at the same Hotels, with the exception of one...
It was our 1st time to Turkey and we were in queue for check in at the airport when this big family of about 30 came in and stood behind us. They were shouting and swearing amongst themselves, including the children. We were near them on the plane, then they got on the same transfer coach as us and i remember praying that they were not going to the same Hotel as us. As we done the drop off about 10 of them got off before our hotel but the rest were in ours :really
While i like my three children to enjoy themselves on holiday i don`t let them disturb others and certainly do not allow them to use bad language which was what we had to put up with from this family..daily arguments, domestics amongst the parents, shouting and swearing from the adults as well as the kids, and a full blown fight one night. I know that the staff did have numerous "words" with them and they were threatened to be kicked out of the hotel. Luckily they were only there 1 week so we did have a great second week.

It can be annoying when there are not enough sunbeds but the Hotels should make sure that they do have enough for the number of guests. Personally if all the beds are taken with towels and i notice the owners have not been on the beds for a good while, i fold the towel and use the bed, usually there is no problem when the owner comes to reclaim their towel but i have had the occasional mouthful.
If i go off out to the shops/market/sightseeing or if i go anywhere really that will take me longer than 10 mins i move my towels from the beds. The way i look at it is we have all paid for our hols and the right to a sunbed and others might want to use it.
Wwll i would defo booked in to an adult only apartment - no offense to those who have children, because kids will be kids. But i prefer the peace and quiet!

Louise x
Villa Konak, Kusadasi, beautiful hotel, well run, no children allowed.
Now before anyone starts, we love kids, have loads of Grandkids who we take on hol, well behaved i might add.
But sometimes you just want peace and quiet, we came across this by accident, already booked didnt realize kid free zone. :sun2
I have been going to Turkey for many years,we are a middle aged couple and have also been with our family (small children included) many times over the years.
The one's I find the problems with are 18 to 20's , getting drunk , fighting among themsleves and generly being pests to everyone else.
While there last year there was a group of boy's and girls who arrived at 7am, jumped in the pool ( fully clothed) turned their music on full and woke everyone up, after only being there 2 nights one of the girls stabbed her boyfriend with a knive.
Everyone and I mean everyone in the apartments complained to the Manager of the apartmets and the rep but nothing was done about it, thankfully they were only their for one week and we couldn't wait for there coach to pick them up and take them to the airport
"this is why alot of people now prefer a diy holiday as the chances of this is much lower i personally know where you are coming from and this is not just british families that have this problem it is world wide" - Maverick

I don't see how going DIY controls the quality of those you go on holiday with ?

Although it's a generalisation, I would have said that often the cheaper a place is the worse the behaviour of those that go there, well thats been my experience, which is all I can go by.

I personally find the behaviour of many adults far more objectionable than that of kids splashing about and running around a swimming pool. After all surely thats what a swiming pool is all about.

Perhaps it's actually better to got to a larger place rather than smaller, that has an adult only swimming pool as well, or a private villa.

Cant see their ever being many adult only apartments, the whole point of an apartment is that they sleep 4 at a relatively cheap cost, so aimed at a family market. Most 'Adult Only' offerings are hotels and normally expensive hotels.
DIY will control things considerably if you rent a private villa. Look on one of the villa rental web sites and there are many to choose from and often at very reasonable prices. You get more space for your money and with the demand for private villas in Turkey not that high you can always try negotiating with the owner over price. Most owners will help you with things like transfers and information on where to find the best priced flights.
For some the down side might be no children's clubs and no organised entertainment. The advantage will be your own pool and sunbeds and often very well kitted out accommodation. You can find very nice accommodation for as little as £300 a week for 4 people in a 2 bed villa. You will then have to add on about £300 each for flights and maybe £150 for transfers depending on where you are. You then have a 2 week holiday for around £500 per person.
Yikes, there are some generalisations about childrens behaviour, flying thick & fast here. :shock:

We've been lucky that on the 8 family holidays that we've had over the last 10 years, we have only come accross one nightmare family & to be honest the parents were worse than their kids. That wasn't in Turkey by the way.

To be honest, my biggest concern when we book our holidays isn't about wild children, but that there will be groups of single Brits (late teens to mid 20's) there & by and large we have always been lucky.

As it happens, we went DIY this year & we were in appartments, which housed quite a few groups of all male or all female parties, from the above age groups, during our two weeks. Luckily for us, they were all incredibly well behaved, barely any of them even drank around the pool & although they were out clubbing until the early hours every morning, we never heard them returning to the samll complex. No arguing or fighting either........then again they weren't British, they were all either dutch or Swedish!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.