Greece - Zante Discussion Forum

An area of the site that is nothing but talk about the beautiful island of Zante
Normally, the guys on the beaches who run the sunbeds have the fingers in other pies so to speak.
Ask them about a trip to the Blue Caves and Shipwreck. Not that this will be cheaper than booking anywhere else, but the boat will be smaller, for example a speedboat and of course less people.
The island trip by coach is an excellent trip.
Find out when the tour companies go to the Shipwreck viewing platform, hire a vehicle and go on the day/s they don't. Less crowded.
Visit Keri
A trip to Zante town by service bus is a must and walk up the hill to the castle. Best done early due to the heat. Have coffee and or lunch in one of the many cafes and if you fancy buying some jewellery, then there are loads of jewellery shops.
Thanks Inca. It has so long since we lasted visited Zante that the drachma was the currency!
I must be one of the few who was underwhelmed with the shipwreck beach. Mind you I was also one of the few not hanging over the boat or lying on the deck being seasick! We are going to go into Zante Town though. Was wondering if we should spend an evening there?
I can recommend a daytrip to Kefalonia. We thought it was beautiful.
Do they still get the huge turtles go there?
Fiona - There is a trip "Zante town by night" where you can have a few drinks and a meal. Or why not do it DIY.
Where are you staying in Zante?

Lance - Yes the turtles are still there. Again you can do an organised trip. Or make you way to Laganas and rent a little boat to see them. Here is also Cameo island where a lot of people get married.
I would definitely not go an organised trip to Zante Town. When we were last in Zante, I was still doing the organised stuff and nothing on our own. We are staying in Tsilivi.
We did it DIY last year. Got a taxi back to Alykes for 25 Euros
Was that a return price Inca?
No Fiona. 1 way.
Re visiting this topic.
You know the best way to see the island is to hire a car. Zante is not that big and 2/3 days car hire can cover most of it.
Book car hire in resort (mostly cheaper than pre booking) that way you can see the car you are thinking of renting first hand. Do check the car before taking it though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.